I've been playing the guitar on and off for over 3 years. Since then I've learned a lot about how the guitar works and better ways to practice.

I can play all the basic chords in time except for the G chord and the C chord. It's driving me nuts and I've been practicing it for nearly 10 hours over the course of 4 days and I still can't get it in time. Is this normal? Should I be having such a difficult time with something as simple as this? Thanks.
on and off ... I wouldn't say so. The G and C chord as pretty much fundamental stuff - things your should learn at least in your first year even if on and off.

All I can say is you have to keep trying.
how are you having trouble? your fingers cant reach or are they hitting the other strings? i had problems with them for a while then a friend showed me that i was using the wrong fingers on the wrong strings.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
I always found those 2 chords to be the easiest, but everyone learns differently..just keep at it, go slow and do it perfect then increase speed of changing chords...I had a hell of a time with F.
everyone learns at different paces just keep at it you'll get it eventually, and when you do your on top of the world.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...