alrite i thought i was done searching for the perfect string size when i came across the heavy bottom light top set. but when bending the top three unwound strings, i can still feel enough resistance to keep me from hitting the correct steps in a completely controlled manner. i really loved that these had beefy lower strings though, great for my power chord riffing!!

now i'm devoted to Ernie Ball strings b/c they are my favorite and have served me well. i've tried other brands including elixirs and was not impressed at all.

i'm wondering if i should just go to a set of 9s? i constantly do bends and mix in some tapping, sweeping, fast legato licks when appropriate. i'm pretty sure the hybrids have 9s on top or somethin like that, but what's the difference compared to regular 9s? i dont remember. i would like to keep the lower strings somewhat thick, as i dont want to thrash away on them and break em'.

i pretty much stay in standard tuning, or drop D-but that's it. hardly ever even tune down to Eb unless i feel like retuning back to standard later. i don't really care if anyone out there does insane bends, taps, and sweeps on a set of 12s or if you think i'm a wimp b/c of what i'm wanting. i just want suggestions. and please keep them Ernie Ball!! thank you
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I would say go with the Ernie Ball Hybrid .009-.046. Never played em, I play DR-titefit .009s and they're amazing on my dean, but ive heard nothing but good about em.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
thanks for the suggestion
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
no other suggestions eh? alrite i guess i'll go take a look at 9s and hybrids and see which is better for my playing
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH