Hey dudes. My second guitarist right now has a cube 60, but at practice I usually have him use my Peavey Valveking 112. Now lately, I've been getting really sick of that amp kinda like when I used it. I'm to the point where I told him to bring his cube to practice.

His budget isn't very high, 550ish max I'd say and I'm looking for a 112 combo for him.

(I ALWAYS BUY USED! BETTER DEALS!)

He usually just plays modern popular music that you'd hear on MTV, just powerchord songs etc.

Thanks! Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
He usually just plays modern popular music that you'd hear on MTV, just powerchord songs etc.

Sounds more to me like you need a new rhythm guitarist.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
sell ur valveking for one thing. and put the money towards a nice tube practice amp.

as for him: styles? who's tone is he trying to get similar to?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Hmmm well if the band plays metal B-52 AT-112. If you're looking for cleaner stuff I'd suggest http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pignose-G60VR-Guitar-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=489058.
We don't play metal. And I like love pop punk/pop rock .

Also, I only have the VK for him, I'm not looking for an amp, I have a Mesa I love.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

well have him trade the VK in for store credit and use his money towards a higher dollar amp.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
but it's mine.. lol.

I pretty much pick out his gear in his price range, so. eBay is how I roll.

GET RID OF THAT VK IF U DONT LIKE IT PRONTO!!!
that should be a given man....get urself a more suitable tube amp. that way he HAS to bring the cube to practice. and go look into some amps while he's still using the cube.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
that should be a given man....get urself a more suitable tube amp. that way he HAS to bring the cube to practice. and go look into some amps while he's still using the cube.

The TS has a Mesa Boogie Roadster, why in heavens name would he need a new amp?

I second the Traynor suggestion. For anything Mainstream (clean to hard rock) it'll do it, and can get metal tones when boosted.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Traynor makes a strong case in this argument.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Why not sell the VK and put the vk money and his money together to get him a better amp and have him pay you back. Or he can be your slave monkey for a while
Quote by Chaosinborn
Why not sell the VK and put the vk money and his money together to get him a better amp and have him pay you back. Or he can be your slave monkey for a while

A used Traynor is within the budget and will do what he wants perfectly and sounds great.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Traynor-YCV50BLUE-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Traynor-ycv-50_W0QQitemZ290210020724QQihZ019QQcategoryZ3278QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
new speaker and tubes in that valveking, it'll sound great. sell it to him and then have him mod it. the 112's sound and punch really comes out with that. the things a tweaker but it's a good amp, though it's going to have a really hard time keeping up with a roadster in terms of bass response.
Quote by Def
new speaker and tubes in that valveking, it'll sound great. sell it to him and then have him mod it. the 112's sound and punch really comes out with that. the things a tweaker but it's a good amp, though it's going to have a really hard time keeping up with a roadster in terms of bass response.

I've hooked it up to my orange 2x12 before and it sounded much fuller, the speaker in it just sounds like cheap junk (well it is..) It sounds way to thin

^Yeah. I wasn't impressed with a stock VK either. I'm sure with a good cab/speakers, and good tubes, it'll come to life, but only to a certain extent.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by slash_rocks2005

DO YOU ACTUALLY READ WHAT THE THREADSTARTER SAYS?

I'll clear it out for you:
The threadstarter has a Valveking he rarely uses, it belongs to him! He just let's the rhythm guitarist borrow it at times. Now the other guitarist needs an amp of his own, hence the Valveking is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the thread!

I'd second Traynor btw!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I would sell your Valveking and make him use his cube. Turn up the mesa a little more and he will have no choice but to buy something better.

And as for the VK being decent with a tube and speaker upgrade. That's just sad that you have to take a brand new tube amp and upgrade those to make it decent. Why not buy a decent amp to start, then upgrade the tubes and speakers. Transformers are a real big part in tone and amps. I would not sell him that, but I think you should get rid of it.

Sorry for rambling.
^Ignore the VK, it has NOTHING to do with this!

I say ban next poster who posts about the VK in this thread!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
hence the Valveking is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the thread!

Not really. The VK started all the problems..
If he wasn't sick of his VK, he wouldn't need to help his rhythm guitarist buy a new amp.

TS, take him to Guitar center, get him to try some stuff, and help him have a look around for a great tone, then shop used if possible.
Quote by travislausch
Sounds more to me like you need a new rhythm guitarist.

+1. First off who the heck watches MTV anymore? It ****in killed music!
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Quote by aaron00lee
+1. First off who the heck watches MTV anymore? It ****in killed music!

+1!
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
whats wrong with a valve king?

they sound great....tell him to learn how to play guitar.

DIDN'T WE SAY NO MORE VALVEKING DISSCUSIONS?!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

How about a peavey Classic 30, if he sick of the Valve king, it def. got a differnt type of voicing. It is really great for modren rock as well as classic, power pop and such should really sound great through it. IMO
Quote by Gabel

thats what I love about America (freedom of speech)
Quote by Gabel

You said no more VK disscusion, WE didn't.

Moe was right. Take him to GC or daddy's and see what he likes. I would go used though. You can get a better amp for the money.
Alright, selling the Valveking, I don't know yet. What I'm asking is what could he look at with that budget (all his money, I just pick stuff out for him, no trading in the VK)

around $500 max, used remember.

I'll take a look at the Traynor next time I see one