I'm graduating this May.

The job market is so horrible this year and it seems like hardly anyone is hiring.

Anyone having any luck with landing interviews? I only managed to get one so far. Any tips?
Depends where you live and the state of the economy. If it's rising, there will be plenty of jobs. If it's falling, there will be much, much less jobs available.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Depends where you live and the state of the economy. If it's rising, there will be plenty of jobs. If it's falling, there will be much, much less jobs available.

I'm talking about the US.

I imagine things are better in Australia.
from the time you enter the place, be confident...but not arrogant. managers love to see confidence in a new employee.
yeah I'm trying to find a summer job. Turned in a couple of applications last week, haven't gotten a call back yet. So the search continues.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I had a job for a day, then they decided to hire someone else because the other person had more experience (it was my first job). Then they didn't tell me that I was fired until I came into work two days later. Pricks.
Some people are only alive because it's illegal to shoot them.

Due to current financial restraints the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice. -The Management-
My resume isn't fantastic to employers by any means, but when I get the interview...every time, I completely slay, lol.

Number 1 thing: Smile. Smiling shows confidence.

Always be courteous and look presentable. And when they ask you something like "Tell me about a time where you had to go out of your way to do something at a job or at school" feel free to bull**** a response. They're not going to be able to call and check to see if you REALLY helped a handicapped kid find their way to class during Sophomore year, you know? Get the job by any means necessary.
I am waiting to hear back about an interview I had last week for my dream job in accountancy. The days are passing so slowly at the moment...
Quote by dann_blood

Problem is at the moment is that there is a big global slump in the economy. Most of the world's economy relies on the US. Uk is being effected by US economy at the moment and vice versa...good luck tho
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by BRISTOL86
I am waiting to hear back about an interview I had last week for my dream job in accountancy. The days are passing so slowly at the moment...

I'm in the same boat, except mine's not really a 'dream job', though it is a pretty easily, relatively high paying, incoming call-centre type job. I hear about it in the next 12ish hours. Good luck with yours

Tips for interviews though? Ha, like people were saying, confidence and all that. I suggest just being yourself, unless you're a total prick - but then, why would you really deserve to get passed the interview process if you were? Anyway, I just be myself and things work out
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour