Page 1 of 9
Sorry if this should be in the "lets talk about GAYS" thread of something, but as the recent "is it gay..." and "it is gay" threads reminded me, why do so many people dislike homosexuals or bisexuals?

I don't understand it. Most people seem to be almost afraid of gay people. Certain actions like listening to certain types of music, or painting nails has been associated with homosexual men. What do people have against gay people? Why is "gay" an insult? Why do some people treat it more as a disease or a condition?

Discuss.
sup?
ok, to clarify this: i didnt mean "does putting paint on your nails make you want to put things in your brown eye?" i meant it like when people say, "oh thats gay" just as in lame. everyone else just took it the wrong way.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Fear.

But, why the fear? What are people afraid of?
sup?
Quote by ldl67
But, why the fear? What are people afraid of?
That other men might be looking at them with "the eye" and that they themselves might like it.

Also AIDS.
Millions of years of heterosexual reproduction instills in creatures a reverance for the tried and true. Simple as that.

I could care less, however, as reproduction is no longer a main concern among humans.
I'll be honest, nothing wrong with having a gay friend(s), they're nice people, they dress nice, but i don't share their values so there is a limitation to the friendship.

Regardless, they're just like any hip dressed suave man so i get along just fine

PS: I'm not down with gay families, think about the kid. Children need mother AND father role. So crucial that people don't understand.
you nailed it. it's fear. when kids we used to use it as an insult, but as you get older, and you start to know people who are gay, you generally start to realize, you just sound like an ignorant, imature moron
Quote by mr_sinistah

PS: I'm not down with gay families, think about the kid. Children need mother AND father role. So crucial that people don't understand.

By that logic single mothers and fathers should have their kids taken away until they find an appropriate mate.
gay people are cool just like heteros its all good who cares who you screw
Quote by mr_sinistah
I'll be honest, nothing wrong with having a gay friend(s), they're nice people, they dress nice, but i don't share their values so there is a limitation to the friendship.

Regardless, they're just like any hip dressed suave man so i get along just fine

My dad lives in another country... And I turned out just fine.

But to be perfectly honest, I'm kind of glad I didn't grow up with my dad, mainly because he is a man*****, and also because it means I'm not one of those all wannabe macho masculine guys.
there is some serious homophobic undertone in the term gay. I'll admit, I use it a lot, but I also seriously joke about it alot. When I say it, people know that I'm just telling it as a joke. I have gay friends, I'm fine with gay people in general (especially when they sell me shoes or cut my hair lol). I really wonder about most other people though
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by IzRG350
By that logic single mothers and fathers should have their kids taken away until they find an appropriate mate.

No that's not my point, in that case where there is a divorce, and the child(ren) doesn't see either one parent AT ALL, the parents chose that for their kid weighing up the benefit of a divorce over the difficulty for the child. Likewise they divorced and took on the role of both parents almost. I dunno what lame conclusion you came to with the little info that i gave.

With your logic, you're saying gay parents are just like single parents, they're not.
I'm bisexual, and I use gay, albeit sarcastically, more then I should.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by Regression

But to be perfectly honest, I'm kind of glad I didn't grow up with my dad, mainly because he is a man*****, and also because it means I'm not one of those all wannabe macho masculine guys.

Then your mother did an exceptional job and you should thank her for it

But truth is, most people (generalising) who don't have both figures don't get the 100% benefit and it screws them over. Divorce rate is huge in USA and here in my country of Australia, it's sad
*Waits for the UG homophobes that ruin every thread on the subject to come in and tell us why gays are going to hell*
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Regression

Kind of gave you an oppurtunity to work out who you are for yourself, as opposed to working off a blueprint?
I dont mind gays just dont like what they do with each other. Ive spoken to a few and they seemed ok, kinda like talking to your sister lol.

Think this should be in the Lets talk about gays thread tho.
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Quote by mr_sinistah

Um, who said that both guys/girls would just be one role. With my family, I'd say my mom has more of a father role and vice-versa. In gay families, at least from ones I've seen, they still have a mother and father role. I think it's sad that people can't accept that though.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
I'm bisexual, to me it means more choices. I think eventually everyone will get over the homophobe thing, or at least I hope so. Hating someone just because of who they sleep with is just stupid and pointless.

I more or less grew up with one parent, they got divorced when I was seven. But I don't really think I turned out fine though.
Some people are only alive because it's illegal to shoot them.

Due to current financial restraints the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice. -The Management-
sorry if this is a little blunt in its delivery but...

Faggots can suck a ****.

Adam and Eve= <5,000,000,000 people

Adam and Steve= AIDS!

If god wanted men to like men he would have given us big tits.
Quote by linknchuk
sorry if this is a little blunt in its delivery but...

Faggots can suck a ****.

Adam and Eve= <5,000,000,000 people

Adam and Steve= AIDS!

If god wanted men to like men he would have given us big tits.

Blunt? More like ignorant.

"Adam and Steve" may help spread AIDS. But heterosexuals have spread it much, much more.
Quote by linknchuk
Faggots can suck a ****.

Aren't they already doing that? And wouldn't it feel good to them?
I hate faggots. I hope they all die of AIDS so I can jack off at their funeral.
Dean Z-X Fund: $50 out of $200 (25%)

My Gear:
Guitar: Schecter C-1 Elite
Amp: B-52 ST-6012
Pedals/Other: BOSS Dynamic Wah, BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

Massive Failure
The thought of inserting my phalus into another mans dirty, hairy a-hole makes me cringe...
I could see me being gay if I found the right guy.

God did not make Adam and Eve BTW

God never happened :-)

And being gay really does not affect anyone. It takes a really really pathetic human to hate another human just because they dont follow the exact same views as yourself.

Massive Failure, I gurantee I could make you my bitch and have you begging for my **** :-D. So quit the tough guy heterosexual gay hating act you little pussy.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Do you hate lesbians too? Or is it just gay guys?

Due to current financial restraints the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice. -The Management-
Quote by faustin_black

Homosexuality is wrong in all forms... just some forms are just damn sexy
Rightly said, dannyniceboy.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Aren't they already doing that? And wouldn't it feel good to them?

let me rephrase myself... Faggots can lick a vagina... there happy now?
Than you are a ****ing hypocrite.

Quote by dannyniceboy

And being gay really does not affect anyone.

yes it does... it makes me sick, so it does effect me.

oh and since you think its wrong to look down on any one group of people why are people anti nazi?

Because what they did was wrong.

I rest my case
Go ahead, flame me. It's funny.

Quote by faustin_black

Lesbos are F'n HOT!! gay dudes are yucky. end of story
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Maybe you should follow your own advice and quit the smarmy God-denouncing atheist act?

If someone uses God as a reason to not be gay, why should I not be able to denounce him. I'd be happy leaving religion out of this if it wasn't used a defense for hating gay people.

Also to ever said that it does affect them because they gross you out. Don't think about them, beastiality grosses me out so I don't frequent my mind with thoughts of it. Noone is forcing you to watch them have gay sex. Grow up.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Last edited by dannyniceboy at Apr 22, 2008,