Right now i have a Jackson Soloist which im growing tired of and im in the market to buy something else. i was thinking maybe a strat or a tele but i dont know which. ive never played either so help me out here. thanks yall
depends on the music you want to play
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
well, other than the body shape and the lipstick pickup in the tele, they aren't too terribly different. they play almost identically, they sound almost the same. it's a matter of which body style you like better, mostly.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
depends on the sound your into really.

tele has more of a twang, while the strat is more rich.

personally id go for a tele, but ive already played a strat (own a **** one too). just go to your local store try each out.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I just got a nashville deluxe tele...sounds great and can get a good strat or tele sound. What sold me was the wider neck, but thats preference, go try a few out and see what you like
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
A strat can do twang too.^

The strat is a bit more versatile because of the mid pup, but they are both great guitars.
I prefer the strat for blues and rock, plus it is more versatile
and easier to mod, but the telecaster does have twang, but no tremlo arm
Last edited by boldaslove182 at Apr 22, 2008,
ok so what if isaid i like to play classic rock which i do what should i try out
The strats alot smoother, while the tele has a really distinct twang about it. The strat is more versatile because it has 3 pickups instead of 2 though.

EDIT:
Quote by STPFan88
ok so what if isaid i like to play classic rock which i do what should i try out

I'd say the tele.
Forgot to add, the nashville telecaster has the three pickups, middle one being a tex mex strat pickup...that adds to the versatility
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
a strat is more comfortable to play, and more versatile, imo. but try them both out before you get either.
I have no opinion on this matter.
cool guys thanks for the help, im definitely going to guitar center tommorrow