**** i have to get mine out in 2 weeks and im freaking out. i thought it would be ok at first and now im like. there putting me to sleep and **** ****.

is it bad? whats the worst part?
the bleeding...I havnt had wisdom teeth pulled, but ive had 10 teeh overall and 4 adult teeth pulled...and those bled like hell for like 2 days...new gauze every 5 mins
Don't worry, your doc will write you a prescription for some nice legal opioid pain killers! It's really not that bad! You get drugs! Highly addictive ones at that! Have fun with the Vicodin!
Dean Z-X Fund: $50 out of $200 (25%)

My Gear:
Guitar: Schecter C-1 Elite
Amp: B-52 ST-6012
Pedals/Other: BOSS Dynamic Wah, BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

Massive Failure
i love being put asleep like that! they ask me to count back from 100, i got to 95 one time!!
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Lol, you people and your pain killers. All I had to go with was one shot of anesthesia/novacaine and they drilled away.
How very wise of you...

UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by InvaderTSN
Lol, you people and your pain killers. All I had to go with was one shot of anesthesia/novacaine and they drilled away.

I got some nice nitrous! Let me tell you, those aliens were DAMN scary. They probed me and took some of my brains and experimented on them. Then when I woke up from those pesky aliens, they had somehow transported me from their mothership back to the dentists chair. Nifty huh?

My Gear:

Massive Failure
I've had a total of 8 teeth out. It doesnt hurt, its just awkward having like tissues or whatever they give you in your mouth for awhile until the bleeding stops

Also if they give you a numbing needle you cant feel your lips which is pretty funny cause you dribble everywhere, well i did.
Originally Posted by last_biscuit
I'd be more concerned about your apetite for oriental buildings, than some random kid calling you a fag
it wont be that bad. i had little pain following the procedure. i was taking whatever painkiller they prescribed and it worked pretty well. you will have to stick to soft food for at least a week probably.
It's really not that bad at all. I had all 4 taken out when I was 18. The first day is pretty painful and the little bit of bleeding is kind of annoying, but they give you some wonderful pills so it's not super uncomfortable. The hardest part for me was not being able to eat most food for a few days.

Conclusion: Don't be nervous, it's not a big deal. You'll just be sore for a while.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Maxxwell
I've had a total of 8 teeth out. It doesnt hurt, its just awkward having like tissues or whatever they give you in your mouth for awhile until the bleeding stops

Also if they give you a numbing needle you cant feel your lips which is pretty funny cause you dribble everywhere, well i did.

Yeah, I got so much I couldn't feel my entire face. It was kind of fun until the bruises started popping up, apparently I poked myself a bit to hard.

My Gear:

Massive Failure
Quote by TheVelvetGlove
im having it done on a friday so will i be able to go back to school by monday?

Yeh you'll be fine the next day. may be a bit of ache but nothing a painkiller cant fix.
I'd be more concerned about your apetite for oriental buildings, than some random kid calling you a fag
ahh sweet ok well thats good. im usually pretty good about dealing with pain and all. but the only thing that is hard for me is sitting in the chair waiting to be put to sleep. haha anyone else?
it ****ing sucks. after the operation you have no control over your mouth so you just drool blood and then are in the worst pain. lol @ you
Call me Jack
My sister got hers pulled, she was bed ridden for like 3 weeks and was horribly ill. Good luck with that, man
I got vanilla happy gas. aww yeah.
Quote by Maxxwell
Yeh you'll be fine the next day. may be a bit of ache but nothing a painkiller cant fix.

Not really, I couldn't open my mouth properly for like a week or more. I didn't go under, and it wasn't that bad. But the pain really does stop the first day, you'll probably have a headache so just take some painkillers and go to sleep. You'll be fine.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by TheVelvetGlove
ahh sweet ok well thats good. im usually pretty good about dealing with pain and all. but the only thing that is hard for me is sitting in the chair waiting to be put to sleep. haha anyone else?

I thought dentists tended not to put people to sleep for these procedures anymore?
If they're putting you to sleep you'll be fine. Did your wisdom teeth already grow in? If they're already grown in, they just need to pull them out, no cutting and stitching.

I got mine pulled out one day, but there must have been some miscommunication between the orthodontist and the oral surgeon because I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth pulled out AFTER they grew in on a later date. That day I was supposed to get 4 other teeth pulled out instead. The guy was like, well you can't put your braces on until we get these 4 out so I'd better get those while you're here. So I ended up getting 8 teeth pulled out that morning, and stitches too. I didn't get put to sleep either. Anasthesia feels awesome but it makes me really nauseous, so instead of awesome anasthesia, I got extremely painful shots in my gumbs and laughing gas through a stinky mask. It was really loud and violent having my teeth yanked out but I still went to sleep eventually. ZZZZ But that was due to my own laziness, not the laughing gas. It was a surprisingly good nap.

Afterwards, just take your painkillers BEFORE it starts to hurt. I couldn't get my hands on any for a few hours after the surgery so that was probably the worst part. Don't worry much though. Anasthesia is something to look forward to if you've never had it before.
Got Bass?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well I was never put under. General Anaesthesia is dangerous.

Why is that?
As far as the operation itself, I don't remember it. I went in the place at 9:00, and the next thing I remember it was 1:30. The first two days, you're pretty much bedridden, the pain isn't too bad, you mainly are just really tired.

The worse part is the bleeding, and the first time you try to eat something you shouldn't. I tried to eat a bag of potato chips about 6 days after the surgery, that was a lesson in pain.

My eperience wasn't exacly normal though, as I developed a pretty bad infection in the right side of my jaw. While I was on the anti biotics they prescribed, I had a lump about the size of a grape on the side of my cheek, but that went away, and about a week after I got off the painkillers, I developed giant pussed filled blisters the size of a dime on the indide of my cheek.

All in all, it's not terrible, but it's certianly not fun.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Why is that?

Because you lose all control of normal bodily functions. They make you not eat for like 12 hours before you go under, that way you don't vomit in you sleep.

General anasthesia is basically a controlled drug overdose.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by InvaderTSN
Why is that?

Too much=coma and death.

In surgery, there's someone monitoring your progress and applying anaesthesia at variable rates constantly. A fair bit is involved beforehand and during, and requires a shedload of training, which I don't think a dental nurse has, to be honest.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Too much=coma and death.

In surgery, there's someone monitoring your progress and applying anaesthesia at variable rates constantly. A fair bit is involved beforehand and during, and requires a shedload of training, which I don't think a dental nurse has, to be honest.

Oh.

Also, prepare for massive amounts of swelling on your cheeks. It'll puff out like crazy. And when I say crazy, I mean crazy.
I had 2 baby teeth out when I was younger (I had the "fangs" thing where the adult teeth grow over the top) removed under general anaesthetic cus I was **** scared of needles when I was 10 or however old I was at the time.

I tried to stand up the moment I woke up and fell to a pathetic heap on the floor.

edit: I'm 22 and still have no wisdom teeth.
Quote by TheVelvetGlove
**** i have to get mine out in 2 weeks and im freaking out. i thought it would be ok at first and now im like. there putting me to sleep and **** ****.

is it bad? whats the worst part?

I got my 4 wisdom teeth out, plus 7 other extra wisdom teeth I had (I'm pretty much a shark - a wise shark). It wasn't too bad, very little swelling afterwards. I had a great surgeon though.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Too much=coma and death.

That's true. I got surgery once and I was so amazed with the anasthesia that I had a conversation with the anasthesiologist afterwards and he said he took 12 years of medical school for it. This was at an Air Force hospital though, so he was in the Air Force and going to school at the same time.
Got Bass?
Dude I feel your pain dont feel bad, I was WAY more of a baby then you....when they told me I had to get my wisdom teeth taken out, I said "The hell I am! dont touch me!" then during the consultation I wouldnt even sit in the chair

My stubbornness won though...Its 6 months later and my wisdom teeth are still there I demanded a second opinion and it turns out I could keep them if I chose to. VICTORY IS SWEET

/huge baby
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Too much=coma and death.

I got a bit to much of it, and while pissing in the bathroom I passed out for 3 hours. When I woke up it felt like five large men beating me on the head with an iron rod. Not pleasant, my mom found me with my dick out passed out in a pool of urine in the bathroom. Quite embarrassing, and hard to explain.

My Gear:

Massive Failure
I had mine pulled pretty recently. Here's the story.
I went to the dentist in the early morning. I sat in the chair, and they first injected me with novocaine. Then, they gassed me. I saw the doctors 4 times with my teeth. I was in and out.

When I got home, I had to put some ice packs on my cheeks to keep the swelling down. I really didn't, so the swelling lasted for a few days. I was a bit sore the first day, but I was given Vicadin, Hydrocodone, and some other random pill. I couldn't eat solid foods for 2 weeks (which sucked because I LOVE steak) and I couldn't eat popcorn for a month. It was the longest ****ing month of my life.

Anyway, I was told not to get my blood pressure up. So, I fapped that night, which got my blood pressure up. My mouth looked like I had just performed a 6.9 to a 19 year old. Anyway, I took my pain pills, slept, slept more, ate some ice cream, slept moar.

Anyway, you should be fine after the first few days, just DON'T **** WITH THE STITCHES. You'll feel them, but resist the urge.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Too much=coma and death.

they wouldnt legally be able to do it without the same training as anyone else.
It hurts like a bitch afterwards but depending on how old you are you get all the Vicoden you want
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.