well as the title says... can a 6505 do more than just metal? yes i'm primarily a metalhead but i'm also kinda all around so i play all types of rock (classic rock, punk, hardcore, thrash, metalcore, pop punk, pop rock, etc...)

so can i play more than just metal on one of these?
Last edited by cedaguol at Apr 22, 2008,
Basic answer: No.

6505/6505+ = One trick pony.
Gear:
Fender Standard HSS Strat w/ Tone Zone bridge
ESP Ltd EC-1k Black cherry
Carvin DC127 blackburst with Bareknuckle Warpigs
Peavey 6505+
Quote by DarkRaven03
Basic answer: No.

6505/6505+ = One trick pony.

Wrong.

People give them a bad rep by saying that all they can do is metal but they're actually really versatile. As long as you don't need great cleans, the 6505+ can handle all those genres. Be advised though that you may not be able to switch from lower distorted sounds to clean as you'll most likely be using the "crunch" channel for both.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
It's not very versatile. It is of course capable of playing many different styles, but it falls short in most things that are not metal/very distorted. It has a mediocre clean channel and sounds too modern for classic rock and power punk stuff. If those styles are just peripheral and you mostly play modern, heavily overdriven stuff then it's a very good amp.
It's not very versatile. It is of course capable of playing many different styles, but it falls short in most things that are not metal/very distorted. It has a mediocre clean channel and sounds too modern for classic rock and power punk stuff. If those styles are just peripheral and you mostly play modern, heavily overdriven stuff then it's a very good amp.
Exactly.

It's not going to be great at the lower distorted stuff, but it's capable of getting decent tones out of it for them. As long as you're not using it strictly for those genres and mainly play heavier stuff and those are just other things you enjoy playing but not really in a live situation, the 6505+ is fine.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com