while I continue learning how to really play. I purchased an acoustic guitar a couple months ago. I am teaching myself with the aide of online videos and forums at this point. So far I have really enjoyed learning, but try to pick up a few easy songs along the way that sound good and have some somewhat generic chords so I can play something that is fun and familiar from time to time. If anyone has any suggestions of easy songs to play, I would appreciate it. I still struggle with barre chords and finger picking, but I can play a lot of basic chords and switch back and forth pretty well. Some of the songs I can play are: Signs, Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Free Fallin', Such Great Heights, etc. So similar songs are what I am looking for. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

- your life will follow your expectations -
i know just how u feel. i got an acoustic guitar like a month ago and im teachin myself through online vids and forums. just like u. its all fun but im trying to find easy tunes to play so i can just play em when i get frustrated at not being sUpEr good.
If Not For You - Bob Dylan
Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World - Neil Young
Heart of Gold - Neil Young
Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
Last Kiss - Pearl Jam

All very easy songs.
Snow Patrol - Run

Oasis - Wonderwall

James Morrison - Wonderful world

Red hot Chili Peppers - Dosed

74, 75 - The Connells (I think that's their name)

Take it Easy - The Eagles

Quite a diverse range there, 6 completely different songs, easy to play as they use only a handful of (mostly major) chords. Capo on a couple of them.