Page 1 of 2
Ok I had this really strange experience where I was listening to music and then suddenly I felt like I was floating. I started looking at the moon and saying...whoa...the moon is amazing...whoa...the grass is amazing....I kept having this vision that I was purple and I was....dancing....in the...clouds. I also had this feeling that I needed to keep being sideways or else it would go away. I also felt like my sould started to cry...not myself, but my soul.

I think I have reached the conclusion that someone drugged my food.

Afterwards when I turned off the music I felt sick. It was one of the strangest experiences I've ever had. I've had times where I would just marvel at everything in the world while listening to music ("whoa...isn't it amazing that everyone turns on their window wipers when it rains! God's amazing!")

I've never taken drugs and never plan to nor want to, but is this what it's like? Has this happened to any of you?

P.S don't think because of my God comment I'm some raving religious freak. I'm a deist, meaning I believe God made the big bang, then science took charge and made evolution, the laws of gravity, and that God's kind of just hanging out now. I know a lot of you guys hate the mention of the word God so I just thought I should clear that up.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
my toes are salty
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
was the song about drugs?

the power of suggestion is a powerful tool....

isnt it?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by brandooon
my toes are salty

agree
Midnight whispers choke the daffodils, that were in your hair.
what the **** were you listening to?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by StrokeMidnight
Ok I had this really strange experience where I was listening to music and then suddenly I felt like I was floating. I started looking at the moon and saying...whoa...the moon is amazing...whoa...the grass is amazing....I kept having this vision that I was purple and I was....dancing....in the...clouds. I also had this feeling that I needed to keep being sideways or else it would go away. I also felt like my sould started to cry...not myself, but my soul.

I think I have reached the conclusion that someone drugged my food.

Afterwards when I turned off the music I felt sick. It was one of the strangest experiences I've ever had. I've had times where I would just marvel at everything in the world while listening to music ("whoa...isn't it amazing that everyone turns on their window wipers when it rains! God's amazing!")

I've never taken drugs and never plan to nor want to, but is this what it's like? Has this happened to any of you?

P.S don't think because of my God comment I'm some raving religious freak. I'm a deist, meaning I believe God made the big bang, then science took charge and made evolution, the laws of gravity, and that God's kind of just hanging out now. I know a lot of you guys hate the mention of the word God so I just thought I should clear that up.

I got that two times this week while listening to Angels & Airwaves' I-Empire album. Check it.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Quote by miguelito2729
I got that two times this week while listening to Angels & Airwaves' I-Empire album. Check it.

Garbage album.
Quote by miguelito2729

same here. i felt sick afterwards. like puking crap out of my mouth. the album is absolute dirt.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Last edited by fli.pansy at Apr 22, 2008,
I was listening to the Prospector's Quartet off the there will be blood soundtrack. It was classical music...
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by StrokeMidnight
I was listening to the Prospector's Quartet off the there will be blood soundtrack. It was classical music...

That's a great soundtrack. Lots of times I feel different when listening intently to music that's meant to be more ambient or background stuff. Really listening to classical stuff etc, does that, but I've never felt high or ethereal... you must've been drugged
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by boXcaR 244
Garbage album.

Care to elaborate, at least give one reason just for the sake of civilized intelligent discussion.

Also I happen to like it AND I never said it was AMAZING, I just said I got high off of it, which is true. Last but not least please see my sig and have yourself a nice day.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Quote by miguelito2729

Are you sure you werent just dying a little inside?
Can you guys read my post a few posts above?
PM for details.

Quote by miguelito2729
Care to elaborate, at least give one reason just for the sake of civilized intelligent discussion.

Also I happen to like it AND I never said it was AMAZING, I just said I got high off of it, which is true. Last but not least please see my sig and have yourself a nice day.

Sir, Angels & Airwaves is just power chords being picked one by one with echo. And in reference to your SWEET REBEL signature, I'm a ginormous blink-182 fan.
Quote by miguelito2729
Can you guys read my post a few posts above?

Needy much?
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
This reminds me of that kid who made a thread asking if he could get high from snorting Tea.

"I just feel...relaxed guyz....FUCK U IF U THINK IM LIEING"
Electric Wizard totally mindf**ks me. I don't know why. Same thing with the Grateful Dead.
Dean Z-X Fund: $50 out of $200 (25%)

My Gear:
Guitar: Schecter C-1 Elite
Amp: B-52 ST-6012
Pedals/Other: BOSS Dynamic Wah, BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

Massive Failure
Quote by crazynickman
Needy much?

Not really, it's more in the way that I didn't want to have to write this again but here it goes again thanks to copypasta:

PM for details.

I've listened to iDoser as I went to sleep a few times. I had some really weird dreams, but that was probably because I wanted to, not because of iDoser. One of them had something to do with me becoming a professional ice skater. I think I was a female in this dream too. Weird....
Got Bass?
Quote by miguelito2729
Not really, it's more in the way that I didn't want to have to write this again but here it goes again thanks to copypasta:

If someone sees it and cares to answer, they will. Don't make your off-topic question the central focus by posting it TWICE, it makes you look like a tool.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by miguelito2729

Are you 4 years old? And you didn't get high off an Angels & Airwaves album. Stop trying to fool yourself into thinking you were actually high so you can be cool.
Quote by Zugunruhe
was the song about drugs?

isnt it?

You love the smell of cow dung.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

You will pretend not to notice the hooker's Adam'ss apple.

My Gear:

Massive Failure
Musical high yes. I know what being actually high from controlled substances feels like, it was 4/20 just this past sunday.
PM for details.

Quote by Massive Failure

Quit intruding. You don't get my joke.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
ouch.

...too true.

7 weeks left!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by boXcaR 244
YOUR SO METAL.

1 Do you HAVE to be such a tool
2 I happen to like the said album
DEAL WITH IT
3 Why do you HAVE to be such a dick? Really where is the love guys?
4 I will now stop wasting my time arguing with a guy who isn't even old enough to drink and still think is life and opinion in life is the most important because he's a teen. Good day dude. Don't stare at your belly button for too long, it's bad for your eyes.
PM for details.

Around two, today, I was listening to Pink Floyd, and I got a boner.
Quote by miguelito2729
DEAL WITH IT
4 I will now stop wasting my time arguing with a guy who isn't even old enough to drink and still think is life and opinion in life is the most important because he's a teen. Good day dude. Don't stare at your belly button for too long, it's bad for your eyes.

Mate, please, chill out. There is nothing wrong with A&A. I happen to have an extremely diverse musical taste, spanning everything from classical to the most brutal death metal you can think of. However, unlike most of the haters here, I have heard said record. I didn't like it. It was boring, samish, and far, far too mainstream for me. That said, if you like banality, I'm Ok with that.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
Quote by miguelito2729
DEAL WITH IT

Thank god you guys figured the secret out! When I made this post asking if you guys have ever had the same feeling I was sercretly hoping you guys could crack the code and discuss the new angels and airwaves album! You guys are smarter than I thought.

Can we please stay on topic...for once?
Quote by Under_The_Oath
Mate, please, chill out. There is nothing wrong with A&A. I happen to have an extremely diverse musical taste, spanning everything from classical to the most brutal death metal you can think of. However, unlike most of the haters here, I have heard said record. I didn't like it. It was boring, samish, and far, far too mainstream for me. That said, if you like banality, I'm Ok with that.

Let's start a "I Have An Extremely Diverse Musical Taste" club! I call leader!
Quote by darkstar2466
Quit intruding. You don't get my joke.

You will

My Gear:

Massive Failure
Quote by Under_The_Oath

Thank you for having the decency to argue with points in an intelligent civilized way. I can respect the fact you don't like mainstream music, your choice. Good for you, good for me.
PM for details.

Quote by Massive Failure
You will pretend to not notice me ass raping you.

You will pretend to not notice me ass raping you.

You will pretend that you don't notice me hitting the report button. Oops...I think my finger slipped.
Quote by miguelito2729
Thank you for having the decency to argue with points in an intelligent civilized way. I can respect the fact you don't like mainstream music, your choice. Good for you, good for me.

Cheers mate. Don't let any of these arsehole metalheads force you into denying your own musical affinity .
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
I think this thread is pretty high on the fail-ometer.
Back on topic, did you have any medicine or anything that could of caused you to feel that way? Maybe you'd fallen asleep, because I'm not so sure you can get high off music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCxTW4sV4HI
This song kind of gives me that feeling. Amazing what music can do to a person's mind and feelings.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Classical music is for the talented listener... If you pay close enough attention, you can actually feel the sounds you hear, rather than just noise... In fact a lot of music is like that, especially musicians who play more than the standard four or five chords that most bands play and repeat through all of their songs...

I've taken plenty drugs, but the high music can give you is different... When you meditate on the sound of music and let it fill your head and your soul, it's much more pure and beautiful than anything a drug can do to you. I try to take out time to do this as much as possible...

I think this feeling proves that music is an expression of the soul, rather than a tool for personal gain or influence (meaning: money, fame, etc). Anyone else agree with that (doubt it)?
Page 1 of 2