Page 1 of 2
Post pics of you before and after your dreads. I'm getting dreads in a couple days and I wanna see the average outcome of you UGers dreads.
what kind of hair do you have now? getting a perm is poserish. my hair goes automatically to dreads, but i comb them out because theyre annoying.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
what kind of hair do you have now? getting a perm is poserish. my hair goes automatically to dreads, but i comb them out because theyre annoying.

Im not using chemicals. Im teasing/palmrolling/twisting. Them im dying the tips red with koolaid.

Im also going to blunt the ends so the look cool
You Are my ****ing hero... not only did you manage to grow sweet dreads, But you also turned black.

You sir are King
Quote by grunger
.../facepalm

worst idea ever

*reposting this from another thread*

are you:
a) Rastafarian
b) the ****ing Predator

if your answer was "no" to either of these then dont get dreads, you'll look like a tool

Quote by linknchuk
You Are my ****ing hero... not only did you manage to grow sweet dreads, But you also turned black.

You sir are King

its like an anti-Micheal Jackson!
Quote by seljer
*reposting this from another thread*

are you:
a) Rastafarian
b) the ****ing Predator

if your answer was "no" to either of these then dont get dreads, you'll look like a tool

its like an anti-Micheal Jackson!

Zac de la Rocha ain't a rasta...or predator & when he had dreads they looked cool
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Andy2k64
Zac de la Rocha ain't a rasta...or predator & when he had dreads they looked cool

that doesn't mean you should get them
lol i'll actually put mine up in a minute, be nice though?

befur:

after:

ignore the people in the background of both. That was the first day I got them? I think they're alright, but i regret the work i have to put into my hair now - i feel like such a tool even saying that lol
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Last edited by iain4444 at Apr 22, 2008,
I was thinking about getting dreads too, can anyone say from experience or friends if it's worth it? I've heard they're a lot of work when you first get them but after they're pretty low maintenance.
They definitely are at least 10 minutes a day normally, more on the day you actually wash them. It depends how lazy you are about your appearance. I'm terribly lazy, thus my dreads suffer sometimes lol. Motivation is key. If you're used to spending zero time on your hair, it will be an unwelcome change.
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by iain4444

befur:

after:

ignore the people in the background of both. That was the first day I got them? I think they're alright, but i regret the work i have to put into my hair now - i feel like such a tool even saying that lol

Before dreds: Included in orgy.
After dreds: Excluded in orgy.
Quote by iain4444

I think that was an improvement. Before you had some sleezy axl rose look. Now it's schmexy

I like the facial hair, too.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I think that was an improvement. Before you had some sleezy axl rose look. Now it's schmexy

*Cough*Fag*Cough*

Hi Kensai!
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by BGSM

wow i would totally do you now you have dreads

also the other guy is right you ARE Newton Faulkner

btw i was looking up how to get dreads, it seems tedious and time consuming, is it?
Last edited by imthehitcher at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by benjy118
*Cough*Fag*Cough*

Hi Kensai!

What? You're just jealous

Quote by imthehitcher
btw i was looking up how to get dreads, it seems tedious and time consuming, is it?

I know 3 people with dreads, they say it's a bitch sometimes but they all think it's worth it.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

I know 3 people with dreads, they say it's a bitch sometimes but they all think it's worth it.

hmmm

on one hand it is alot of work

on the other i would be certain to get laid

a perplexing predicament
Quote by Kensai

I know .

On-Topic; I want Dreds.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Last edited by benjy118 at Apr 22, 2008,
Make sure you buy dreadlock-approved hair products or you will get a slimy mildewy buildup inside your hair, and insects will decide it would make an ideal nest.
Quote by imthehitcher

not if you just stop using soap on your hair and just let it get nasty
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by iain4444

befur:

l

DAVE MUSTAINE?!

Quote by iain4444

NEWTON FAULKNER?!
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by saphrax
I already beat you to it!

;_;
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by iain4444

befur:

after:

Damn... Those are ****in cool. how long did it take
iain thats one day after you got them? Are they being held together by wax? Is the wax slimy?!! They look like they're already locked up, which obviously can't be.
We're only strays.
Quote by BGSM
Before dreds: Included in orgy.
After dreds: Excluded in orgy.

Firstly, it's dreads, and secondly, the first picture was taken at my 18th bday party, and the second was taken in my room at residence. For those of you who haven't lived in a post-secondary dorm/res, the amount of sex is 1. almost overwhelming, and 2. fantastic
Quote by saphrax
fixed

fixed? Not to be an arrogant shlub, but i'm far better looking than that guy - don't be silly
Quote by Kensai

Thanks! I think it's an improvement too; the pictures were taken about 11 months apart.
Quote by imthehitcher
wow i would totally do you now you have dreads
also the other guy is right you ARE Newton Faulkner
Ha thanks, but i'm not some nub named newton, just a (better looking ) individual named Iain - let's not forget that? Anyway, who cares if it's tedious to get them? You pay someone else to do it for you, and just sit back and: talk to them for a few hours, watch hott fuzz, and watch most of a season of house with their friend (not by choice), or whatever you want lol. Anyway, it's not too bad at all, and it's worth it!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Make sure you buy dreadlock-approved hair products or you will get a slimy mildewy buildup inside your hair, and insects will decide it would make an ideal nest.

While i agree about the approved products (I use 'knotty boy'), i'm not so sure about the mildew and infestation aspects. I mean if you're really not a clean person, then this might happen, but if you're informed to any degree about your hair once/if you get dreads, it's not a problem. They're easy to keep clean, and my hair doesn't smell at all, unless it smells like the dread shampoo i use, but that smells like citrus and tea tree oil It's great! Also, you smell like the wax you use when you've just put it in, but a few hours later it's gone, and even that's a pleasant, subtle smell too - a lot like beeswax, but it's fine. Lots of people like it actually lol; i don't mind it at all.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']DAVE MUSTAINE?!
NEWTON FAULKNER?!
Like I already said, let's not crush individualism
Quote by linknchuk
Damn... Those are ****in cool. how long did it take

lol Thanks! It took six and a half hours give or take. I enjoyed it though. It didn't really hurt too much, though everyone's scalp is different. Guy's usually have a much more sensitive scalp because we aren't really used to having long hair that gets tugged/pulled on regularly, while women have brushed their hair their whole lives etc. Everyone's different though.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
iain thats one day after you got them? Are they being held together by wax? Is the wax slimy?!! They look like they're already locked up, which obviously can't be.

That was about 2 hours after i just got them, same day. True, they weren't locked in the sense that you're thinking, but they were knotted to hell from the backcombing and twisting etc. There's lots of wax in them in that pic. They've 'settled down' a fair amount since then. I'd put up a more recent pic, but I don't really want to? lol They're not slimy or anything; they're waxy, and in my experience, everyone (girls too maybe especially them?) love it, and it's a conversation starter if you can't think of a good one, which apparently many girls in my area can't as they start the conversation with that. Ha, this weekend at the bar this girl I've never seen before was telling me how surprised her and her friends were when I got dreads. "well, that's sort of creepy, but ok - what did you say your name is?" lol

Anyway, I love how much discussion this has generated, and if anyone has other questions, ask here or PM me or something, and i'll do my best to help

Iain.
And Eternity in an hour
I should be getting dreads in a couple of days.

Although I keep changing my mind as to whether I want them or not.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Fleabag
I should be getting dreads in a couple of days.

Although I keep changing my mind as to whether I want them or not.

Lol i was in the same boat when i was getting mine. Even as i was sitting there getting it done I was like "do i really want this?". I was going to recommend only getting it done if you're pretty sure, but also, if you don't like your current hair then it's not a huge loss. I was in love with my previous mane of hair, but i've still got it, just dreaded now It's a fairly big decision though; read a tonnnn about it before you do it.
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by iain4444
Lol i was in the same boat when i was getting mine. Even as i was sitting there getting it done I was like "do i really want this?". I was going to recommend only getting it done if you're pretty sure, but also, if you don't like your current hair then it's not a huge loss. I was in love with my previous mane of hair, but i've still got it, just dreaded now It's a fairly big decision though; read a tonnnn about it before you do it.

Yea, I don't like my hair much as it is, and I was intending on getting dreads for the last year or so. So I'm probably still going to get them done, unless I properly change my mind beforehand.

If only I could style my hair in a way I liked!
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Page 1 of 2