Hey everyone. I seem to have some horrible fret buzz on my 8th fret low E string. It never used to be there. I took it to a shop ages ago to get the action lowered, but it didn't come back like this. He didn't sand it to lower the action. All he did was tighten the screws on the saddle. Is there any easy way to fix this? Should I tighten them or untighten them? I haven't changed strings in a while, so that may be the problem, but I doubt it. It is only on the 8th fret E.

edit: it is also slightly on the 7th. Sorry for the double post. Kept getting a gateway timeout.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Last edited by mooshoepork at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by mooshoepork
Hey everyone. I seem to have some horrible fret buzz on my 8th fret low E string. It never used to be there. I took it to a shop ages ago to get the action lowered, but it didn't come back like this. He didn't sand it to lower the action. All he did was tighten the screws on the saddle. Is there any easy way to fix this? Should I tighten them or untighten them? I haven't changed strings in a while, so that may be the problem, but I doubt it. It is only on the 8th fret E.

edit: it is also slightly on the 7th. Sorry for the double post. Kept getting a gateway timeout.

Screws on the saddle? What kind of guitar is this?

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
It's a cole clark FL2AC. They aren't really screws per se. They are turned with an allan key and are on opposite sides of each other. They raise and lower the bridge bone.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Check that out. I'm not sure I like moving parts on my bridge, but if it works for them great. That being said, I don't have much to contribute this time. I was just curious

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.