Page 1 of 3
What do you think the hardest foriegn accent to understand is?

Eventhough Scottish people are really hard to understand I would have to say people from Louisiana. One of my friends cousins came here and when we would ask him where he was from he said something like "nawlns". We kept trying to figure out what he said and later we asked our friend what he was saying and he said he was from New Orleans.
Indians when they try and talk fast
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Uh... Most people who learnt English as a second language are really hard to understand.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
New Zealanders! I asked one for the time & they replied Sex?, so I oblidged! I've now been convicted of rape!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
New Zealanders! I asked one for the time & they replied Sex?, so I oblidged! I've now been convicted of rape!

We say the same about you! If you look at the linguistics of each language it's actually you guys that say six as sex. New Zealanders clip vow sounds and Australians tend to pronounce more long vowels.
Quote by gunners fan

probably irish, once this irish dude was trying to ask me something, and it was so bad i laughed at him

or teenage dropouts from Waikato or Taranaki, everything ends with an 'ow', or all words containing 'th' are replaced with an f, like somefing, or nofing
Last edited by beau05 at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by andrew.tran
an accent of the click language in africa?????

"Click, Click, Clack!"
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by pbiggie
LOL at all the NZers and aussies in this thread

*Opens Flamethrower shop*
Quote by Spoony_Bard
ya really when i first came back to NZ after 7 years in the USA I couldnt understand **** all what those sheepshaggers were saying.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Haha,theres like 5 different kinds of the click language,i knw some are called 'tswana' 'sotho' 'xhosa' 'venda' and sumthng like that.its where evr theres a 'x' in a word that that do that click shiit
Gear:
Alexi Laiho sig ESP
Peavey 6505+ head
Marshall 1960a cab

Quote by megadeth rule

u mean indians from india ryt?coz im from SA n indian so obviously i dont hav an India indian accent
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Quote by Saffron_Inferno
u mean indians from india ryt?coz im from SA n indian so obviously i dont hav an India indian accent

Slow down I don't understand you, talk slower!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by megadeth rule

Hey i don't talk fast!! oh wait.... yes i do....lol !!!!
Scottish. Especially up at the ports where I live.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
West country? lol @ that bit in Hot Fuzz where the old farmer guy needs like two levels of "translation".
People from Aberdeen and the Irish guys that I work with.

Half the time I don't know whats going on.
"You cant fight in here, this is the war room!"
Quote by gunners fan
Slow down I don't understand you, talk slower!

wow so funny dude.u should actually hear me speak
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
people from Yorkshire. my mates mum is from Yorkshire and i can't understand what the hell she is saying half the time
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by Kiwi Ace
Haha at this time of night NZers and Aussies own UG!

We rule. And i'm sorry, but when you say six, it's funny, when we say it, it sounds like six.

And indians are the confusing ones. I can never understand them.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
probably either scottish or hemel hempstead, i's qui'e 'ard ta undastand someone who don' ponounce their t's or h's and their o's become a's a lo'
and it's really hard to type how i talk
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by Kiwi Ace
Haha at this time of night NZers and Aussies own UG!

Nope.

Zappp still owns UG.

The hardest accent is probably a French-English accent.
meaning a French person trying to speak english.
^but it's still gorgeous... makes me drool... French in general is just like sex...
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
My ex-girlfriend who was Bulgarian. She couldn't understand english people that well, even if she was fluent. Had sex with her and 5 minutes later, she said "Why did you say 'Who are you'?".
I seen the movie once and found that the Glen's Irish accent was pretty hard to understand. I like his accent though, I also think it is weird how accents don't shine through when people are singing.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
when two yorkshiremen talk to eachother i have no idea what they're saying

RIP the english language
RIP full sentences
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Schwabisch [sp? oh idk] and Swiss people when they're speaking German. It's like, I'm fluent in German and I understand everything but then like, when a Swiss person is talking, it's like '...aye?'
♥xx♥

America has the worst accent to understand they can't saying anything right. That also may have to do with the fact that they can't spell properly. They always miss out the U. Just listen to who runs their country.
Quote by ricy_12
America has the worst accent to understand they can't saying anything right. That also may have to do with the fact that they can't spell properly. They always miss out the U. Just listen to who runs their country.

Mr. America basher, US has MANY distinct accents, I think it is unfair to say that we don't say anything right. George Bush doesn't have an accent he has like a speech impedement or whatever that is called.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Scottish. Especially up at the ports where I live.

People seem to have trouble understanding me when I speak proper English... let alone when I speak doric.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Usually if foreigners spend time learning the language (like here in my International School), they are easy to understand. It is sometimes hard with those natives that have their own little accent of the language and start talking really fast (Irish, Scottish, Jamaican etc)
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Page 1 of 3