I've just gone through my third guitar cable in five months, I'm most certainly not pleased and I'm also skint.
Okay so I'm looking at the first cable it bought, it's one of those pig tail types that stretches to about 8m, it cost me about £30 and it broke in about two months, I can't afford a new one and I'm pretty annoyed that this one broke at all, I can't solder but I can try, is there anything I can do?
I'm ignoring my other two cables because they where cheap and it'd be more time effective to buy new ones.
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why would you NOT scour the news for stories about incestual anal piping?
What brand is it? If it's a Planet Waves you can just cut out the part that's broken and reattach the plug without soldering.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
I personally love those hotlines..

How did it break? Alot of now are coming with lifetime warranties.. unless you cut them, or your dog eats it
I've no way to tell what brand, I just plugged my hifi into my amp using the cable and stretched it like **** and got a connection, now to figure out how to do that while playing lol
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
try and get Proell cable one time.its expensive...but itll last
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Duct tape...? If it can't be fixed with duct tape, it can't be fixed at all
Unless it can be fixed with electrical tape =D
Other than that I have no bloody clue.
Cut off the plugs, solder new ones on. If it shorted somewhere in the cable, it's trash.
I tried using one of my newer cables, sliced off each plug, got a working peice of wire from the inside peice of cable and wired them together, didn't work, i'm going to have to buy a new ****ing cable -.-
Quote by Flying Couch

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
One of my lecturers makes his own leads. He hasnt bought a lead in 20 years and he says the one he makes are cheaper and better quality.
Quote by guy_tebache
One of my lecturers makes his own leads. He hasnt bought a lead in 20 years and he says the one he makes are cheaper and better quality.

I do the same. I buy George L's cable and solder Neutrik plugs to it. I'll have to see whether they will last 20 years, though.
I got a new L shaped lead a few days ago, and I think it's broken already. The sound sometimes doesn't... start. Like, amp comes on - massive feedback and squeal. Amp goes off.

Ten minutes later, amp comes on, everything's fine. >_>
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
Pigtails do suck...

Just go out and buy a less expensive lead that you actualy know the make of...
Quote by mr_hankey
I do the same. I buy George L's cable and solder Neutrik plugs to it. I'll have to see whether they will last 20 years, though.

His cables probably didn't last 20 years - he just keeps making more himself (thus not buying any).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Its just a common problem with an electric wire thats flex how many times during play, and stepped on, and unplugged a hundred times. Cheap, expensive eventually it happens to them all. Usually its the shield braid at the end that goes in the guitar. Not to big a deal to resolder and use for a while longer.
Quote by Fama
His cables probably didn't last 20 years - he just keeps making more himself (thus not buying any).

Ah.
I like the planet wave cables with the short on them. They also come with a lifetime warranty.