Page 1 of 2
marty friedman + jason becker!

discuss..
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
hell yeah
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
marty's best stuff...
Jackson Pro Series DK2M Dinky
Ibanez GRG 270
Ibanez Tone Blaster 25R
Zoom G2
DigiTech Rp50
damn shame jasons got ALS he would have been easily the best IMO today if he could still play. anyone know anything about the jb movie?
The documentary? ^
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by megadeth rule
The documentary? ^

na apparently their making like a full movie on him i don't know if its true I only read it on Wiki
oh cool, ill check it out now.
Quote by Trefellin

Sms!
Quote by Trefellin

yeah! get both lol..
Quote by Trefellin

^ = cacophony
Quote by Trefellin

^^

^True Dat.

Speed Metal Symphony is a bitch to learn .

Savage
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
^^

^True Dat.

Speed Metal Symphony is a bitch to learn .

Savage

hell yeah man i mad a gp5 tab of that, well my mate did .. i just get the credit for it
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by nightraven
+1

i'm not keen on the singer, i like to call him the cacophony of the band

Yeah... cacophony - the singer = Cacophony + 1
hue
Pah. He's no worse than Jeff Martin from Racer X. I love his vox on Savage – totally '80s metal, and soooo serious(!)
^Hell yeah, Savage rules! One of the few songs that I kind of like the singer on.

I still need Go Off!

SMS!!!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Yeah, haha.

They should have seriously considered that as an option lol.
Quote by Senor Kristian
It took me a few listens to get into Speed Metal Symphony but what a great band. Truelly original and in my opinion destroys Racer X
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Quote by Mental-lica
It took me a few listens to get into Speed Metal Symphony but what a great band. Truelly original and in my opinion destroys Racer X

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

Looky...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iOW_-OESnq0
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

Looky...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iOW_-OESnq0

The one thing that stands in their way. But I think that Cacophony is better but I have to admit not by much. I mispoke when I say destroy.

Anway on the subject of Cacophony, Savage and Speed Metal Symphony are the best but the solo in Desert Island is just pure orgasm.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
isn't there already a cacophony thread? :|
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by say5ss2
marty's best stuff...

no ****ing way!!!!! Marty (as all players should) gets better the longer he plays.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by C.C. Deville
isn't there already a cacophony thread? :|

no?
Quote by Trefellin

I actually don't mind the singing in Cacophony. It fits, except for The Ninja. It starts out great but then just...
Last edited by Geartrigger at May 11, 2008,
Jason was a master of sweeps and melodic phrasing. Marty was so exotic in all that he did in the early days. Just GREAT!

If you have not heard Mike Walsh play, check him out! He's got the Marty like phrasing but has expanded it a bit more. Then there is another killer player name Dan (Sultan of String) also cool on the Marty type phrasing).
Quote by lestat1836
Jason was a master of sweeps and melodic phrasing. Marty was so exotic in all that he did in the early days. Just GREAT!

If you have not heard Mike Walsh play, check him out! He's got the Marty like phrasing but has expanded it a bit more. Then there is another killer player name Dan (Sultan of String) also cool on the Marty type phrasing).

Links please.
Quote by Senor Kristian
yeh links ^
Quote by Trefellin

Jason Becker would have been the most technical player alive if fate hadn't ass ****ed him.

As it stands, the music he made in his youngest days is amazing and leaves people speechless still.

EDIT: Is Mike Walsh, by any chance, related to Joe Walsh?
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
Last edited by Shining_Yrael at May 10, 2008,
Quote by Geartrigger
except for The Ninja. It starts out great but then just...

Yeah, the song kicks ass until the vocals come in. Sweet intro.

It's hardly Marty's best stuff though; as far as his shredding goes, Dragon's Kiss is much better than Cacophony's two albums.

Also, Cacophony (along with every other 80s Shrapnel artists)'s albums are terribly produced. I think I've said that about 10 times now lol. Dragon's Kiss is actually one of the better produced ones, but still lackluster. Starting with Scenes, Shrapnel stopped sonically sucking. Terrible production really takes away from albums.
Quote by ZylitoL
Yeah, the song kicks ass until the vocals come in. Sweet intro.

It's hardly Marty's best stuff though; as far as his shredding goes, Dragon's Kiss is much better than Cacophony's two albums.

Also, Cacophony (along with every other 80s Shrapnel artists)'s albums are terribly produced. I think I've said that about 10 times now lol. Dragon's Kiss is actually one of the better produced ones, but still lackluster. Starting with Scenes, Shrapnel stopped sonically sucking. Terrible production really takes away from albums.

Yeah, Ninja should have been an instrumental.

+1 on Dragon's Kiss, that album slays.

Although, I don't think the production was that bad. It was bad, but not terrible in my opinion.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by goldmember1217
I only like Cacophony's instrumental stuff. Their vocalist annoys me.

Good to see some people agree with me on that.

I think he annoys everyone but I can stand him a bit.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Page 1 of 2