Do Cort guitars really suck? How have they gotten their bad name. Nearly everyone i know who plays guitar disses Cort for some reason. Their high class guitars are good. I got a cort G290, $1400, its awesome, i dont see whats bad about it. Cort are judged on their ' inexpensive ' beginner guitars.
What do you think?
I've got a M600 and I like it.

Way better then my friend's Epiphone Les Paul (and a bit cheaper to too).

reg,
crush
I've never heard anyone say Cort's suck, in fact everyone says they are great value for money. I learnt to play on a $400 Cort and I love it. Extremely low action (lower than my Jacksons), fast neck and great sustain.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
I bought a secondhand KX5 and it's an amazing piece of guitar hardware. It has sustain like no other guitar (well, barring my mate's RG but that's just darned weird...), a pair of branded, uber-high-output humbuckers and a nice neck. It cost me £84 and I'm gonna mod it with some electronic gadgets.
I've never heard of Cort having a bad rep - they should have one of the best in the world, cos they are one of the largest Ibanez contractors. If it's made in Korea, chances are Cort have made it.
Cort's own range is extremely wide and covers many genres. I think this may be where the 'bad rep' comes from, cos they aren't focussed towards any particular area, but they make some stunning instruments. As good as any high-class brand. Anyone who puts down Cort should try out my S470 - proud to say made in Korea in Cort's main factory.

Rob

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
OMG G290 for 1400$?? It's 850 in turkey =) btw i've got a cort evl k-4 for 425 dollar and its fcking nicee
I'm getting either a used Cort MGM-1 sig. guitar or Cort HBS-II sig. guitar, and I have never heard of a bad review about Cort.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by blind.quardian
OMG G290 for 1400$?? It's 850 in turkey =) btw i've got a cort evl k-4 for 425 dollar and its fcking nicee

Im sure its the newest model out so far, it comes from the 07 or 08 catalouge. What pickups do you have? My has EMG 89 ($200 aus retail i think) and two single coil EMG SA ($100 retail)

Hmm, i must be the only one who heard people hate cort. When i said im getting a cort guitar to a friend who plays, hes like " Dont get a cort, get an ibanez or something, anything better then Cort " and im like " have you played a Cort before? ". He said no. Maybe there talking about the beginner packs with the guitar, amp, strap, leads etc. Oh well mine is awesome.
INASKAxx it has an em 89 and 2 emg SA... ash body rosewood fretboard bolt on guitar sperzel trimlok and CFA-III bridge for like 800 dollar
Cort are one of the longest-established, if not the longest, Korean guitar manufacturers. Not only do they make their own guitars, they make a lot of stuff for companies like Ibanez.

They're an experienced company and they make decent guitars.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by blind.quardian
INASKAxx it has an em 89 and 2 emg SA... ash body rosewood fretboard bolt on guitar sperzel trimlok and CFA-III bridge for like 800 dollar

Thats about the same as mine, could be different currency, not sure what you use in Turkey.
Guitar: Cort G290
Amp: Laney LX65R
Pedal: Korg AX3G Multi-Effect
I couldn't complain about the Korean Corts - for the money they are very decent guitars and I'm hearing their domestic custom shop is top notch. It's the lower end Indonesian models that are being sour.
eat sleep play guitar
Corts are awesome, one of my first guitars was the low end Cort X-2 and I still play it to this day. Great beginner metal guitar.
i has a z-44 and i liked it. very nice for the price. better than any epiphone from the same price level
I had the M-200 one of the cheepest modles they had and it was decent. $200 US for a solid mohagany body, mohagany neck, rosewood fretboard, TOM bridge and 2 buckers.

It had a decent smooth tone, kinda chunky, with bite and never went out of tune. Great novice guitar(if thats not an oximoron).
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
The cheapest Corts do suck, but hey 100 to sub 100 euro guitars tend to suck no matter what brand.
Anything over 150 euro's is good value for money with Cort. I almost bought one once, but in the end Ibanez swayed me back to their camp...I just liked the EXR170 better than similarly priced Corts (or anything else for that matter), feel and sounds swayed me.
In case you guys dont realise, every Fender Acoustic guitar is made by Cort, and every non-Japanease Ibanez is made by Cort, so I think corts are pretty damn nice.
KX5's are amazing value for money.
I just got a G290 myself recently.
Mine has Duncan's though.
It's a great guitar in all respects and it hold it's own against the other guitars in my collection.

You're right though, Cort have had a bad reputation but it's from all the garbage they where making in the 80's like guitars with built-in effects.

Now, they are making some nice, and I mean nice stuff.

Check out the Neil Zaza sig, it has a 3/4" thick quilted maple top, Duncans, Sperzels, and an asymmetrical neck profile.

They've come a long way so don't let people influence your judgment without trying them yourself.
Quote by TimBFMV
In case you guys dont realise, every Fender Acoustic guitar is made by Cort, and every non-Japanease Ibanez is made by Cort, so I think corts are pretty damn nice.
KX5's are amazing value for money.

My non-Jap Ibanez was the biggest piece of garbage I've held. Cort and Samick are assembly line companies. The mid-level stuff is decent, though the fretwork and nut work can be lacking. The lower end stuff is often garbage. and I don't think that Ibanez was as bad as most Korean things though from the 80's I will give it that.