I am going to buy a bypass pedal, and am asking for some good choices that aren't hugely expensive but not cheap either.

Now, i think its called a bypass pedal. It's a pedal where it has an effects loop and you can put pedals through it and have them bypassed when not using the effects, so you can run a cleaner signal to the amp. I really dont like the sound of my amps distortion when running through the me50 to the amps distortion, seems to colour it too much and take some gain away.

Help greatly appreciated.
You can use a line selector pedal for that. Boss makes one that you can look at, and it's probably one of the more inexpensive options.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
There are a million different bypass loopers. It's a really simple build, so they're all over the place. If you want a "big brand" one, you can get one from Keeley, which I'm sure is great but also over priced at $85. If you have any DIY experience you can make one yourself, and if not I'm sure you can get someone to make one for you.
A looper pedal, that's it! And yeah, ill probably go for a boss. Has anyone here had any experience with boss' loop pedals or any other brand loop pedals? And I don't want a really expensive one, just one better than a behringer.

I only use the effects on the ME50 sparingly, so i don't want it colouring my amps sound if im not going to use it much.
I see them on eBay all the time. I made my own with two loops, true bypass, and LEDs to indicate the operation.

Got the parts from pedalpartsplus.com
Burriss Chaloopa
Lehle Litlle Lehle
Radial Loopbone
Asonix Amigo
Toadworks Roundabout...

There really are a lot of these on the market.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Build one...it takes ten minutes, its inexpensive, and hella fun
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Yeah, building one sounds like a good idea, I might give it a go. Thanks for the diagram Fly135. But if I dont, ill probably just go for the Boss looper, there aren't really any really big guitar stores around here, just Allens and Billy Hydes pretty much.

Thanks all.
Quote by DeadMansCurve
Yeah, building one sounds like a good idea, I might give it a go. Thanks for the diagram Fly135. But if I dont, ill probably just go for the Boss looper, there aren't really any really big guitar stores around here, just Allens and Billy Hydes pretty much.

Thanks all.
If you do use my diagram, I removed the "Active" led and ran that wire to the 9V on the other switch. The active was pointless as the first switch can just supply the 9V to the A/B select LEDs on the second switch. When neither LED is lit then it's in bypass. Those are 3PDT switches.

Drilling the holes in the box was the hardest part for me. I had some pretty crappy drill bits. If you have a Harbor Freight store nearby they have some of those triangular shaped bits that drill multiple hole sizes real cheap (way cheaper than the hardware store).