Page 1 of 3
Mine would probably be Dave Mustaine.

yours?
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Last edited by megadeth rule at Apr 23, 2008,
for singing: Chuck Billy
for Gutiar: Dimebag, Mustaine, and Randy Rhoads
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
when making my own music?

I make funeral doom, I wouldn't limit my influence to metal or even to music. The concept of hell and trying to recreate that musically, and trying to create a desolate outer space like atmosphere, imagine that scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey where all is silent and the guy is drifting off into space....

Musically, Thergothon are a huge influence, as well as Towering, Wraith Of The Ropes, and Rigor Sardonicus's first demo. Some ambient/noise such as Dapnom, Terrorgoat and Stahlwerk 9 (yes, I am aware that those three are nothing alike) also influence me a fair bit.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Maximum The Ryo...
John Petrucci?

I like guitarists who don't really try take over the music, but do have great well thought out solos, and are always thinking of the song, not their ego.
slipknot <3.

they have a lot of influence in my music. i love the vocals.
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Pantera, Children Of Bodom, Judas Priest.(The band that brought me into metal)
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by cyclobs
slipknot <3.

they have a lot of influence in my music. i love the vocals.

Oh get fucked.

Everytime someone starts a thread that doesn't require any knowledge of what actually is metal, all these fags come out of the woodwork to talk about crap like Slipknot. I hate it.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
defiantly COB for those melodic riffs and mid 90's sepultura for those riffs that make me want to punch toddlers in the throat
Quote by MHDrunk
Oh get fucked.

Everytime someone starts a thread that doesn't require any knowledge of what actually is metal, all these fags come out of the woodwork to talk about crap like Slipknot. I hate it.

Thankyou

oh and to the slipknot lover: its not Killswitch EngageD
if youre going to like a band like that at least spell it right

My Gear:
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by Martindecorum
If john played for there Ego, they wouldnt play music like that, they will make music that sells money, there style is about talent and well structured songs

Ego songs = money songs

Whaaaaaaa! I like John Pettrucci! I listed him as one of my influences.

I like the way that he plays everything perfectly.
As far as leads go, Marty Friedman because he just has this unique soloing style that I really like. For rhythym, James Hetfield. Cliché, I know but his riffs are heavy as **** yet simple, without having to tune down.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
There are many metal guitarists who are an inspiration to me, like Dimebag, Alexi Laiho, Dave Mustaine, and many more.

But I'd say that my biggest metal influence is Synyster Gates. I don't care, call A7X whatever you want, but their old stuff is definitely metal, and his newer solos are some of my favorite lead guitar work ever.

A lot of the techniques and soloing styles he uses (quite a few are from his influence from dime) have shown up in my playing.
Gear:
-Ibanez S470 DXQM (Blue)
-Roland Cube 30X
hmmmmm..

Marty Friedman, Tony Iommi, Dimebag, Jason Becker (yah yah, its shred, but i love him, stfu), and to an extent Mohammed Suicmez. I suppose those would be that main "metal" ones.
Quote by Roots_radical
Avril Lavigne and Judas priest

lovely combination!
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Quote by pataldo
Did you mean: Dave Mustaine.

yea he did
0MGz Y3W GUYZ L37Z B4N H1M F0R Sp3LL1NG IT WR0NG!!!!!!

My Gear:
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Ahahaha. Avril Lavigne and SlipKnoT? Wtf is this sh*t? Anyway, Satyr and Infernus are probably the biggest inspirations when writing my own music. Atleast the Metal stuff.
Toss-up between Chuck Schuldiner, Mikael Akerfeldt, Dave Mustaine, and James Hetfield

This is for both vocals and guitar.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Apr 22, 2008,
Mine would have to be James Hetfield too Zakk Wylde.

I like my riffs to be like james and my solos to be like zakks.

And for singing it would have to be Bruce Dickinson Ozzy and Phil Anselmo.

Bruce with his high pitch screams and great singing talent Ozzy with his voice of the gods lol and Phil that seems like hes the devil and he sounds evil and i love that ****
Mikael Akefeldt, John Petrucci, and Don Anderson all sort of intertwined.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
In Flames, both their music and the way they work as a band.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
As far as my playing, Tony Iommi is probably my biggest influence.
I have waaay too many influences in my writing...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by duncang
In Flames, both their music and the way they work as a band.

+1
I may not like the new musical direction they're taking
But you can tell even on their live dvd, they are so "there" in terms of working as a band. Cohesive, it all clicks.
has to be fear factory. they made me learn machine gun picking style, and though i dont really play any of that stuff anymore, it sort of sticks with you
Page 1 of 3