Ibanez ICB200EX.

I wish to purchase a new bass, and I played this one today and it was pretty ****ing sweet. Tad pricey for someone without a job, but I plan on getting one pretty soon so hopefully I'll grab some cash quick.

I just want to know if it's a quality bass.

Pros and cons if you have owned/played one.

Of course I find it great to play and it looks great (to me) but more experienced players and people who know a lot about value could tell me more.

Cheers.
If you played it and liked it, then go ahead and buy it. I personally don't like the fact that the neck dives, but it does have a killer aesthetic appeal.

Ibanez basses are generally of pretty high quality, so I wouldn't worry about it crapping out on you or anything.
Thanks for the help.

Another question: Could somebody recommend a pretty decent bass that delivers in the versatility department? I like to play funk, metal, rock, jazz, reggae and all the variations.

Once again, cheers.
The Fender Jazz is tried-and-true in that department, as is the P bass.

If you want versatility in extremes, I'd go looking for an old Peavey T-40
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by RMF
Thanks for the help.

Another question: Could somebody recommend a pretty decent bass that delivers in the versatility department? I like to play funk, metal, rock, jazz, reggae and all the variations.

Once again, cheers.

Fender Jazz Bass. the T-40 was fun, but not compared to a Jazz. if i could only own one bass, it would be a Jazz.
Quote by RMF
Thanks for the help.

Once again, cheers.

Spector Legends and the G&L Tribute series are probably the bes,t most versatile basses in their price range... even beyond.
Quote by RMF
Thanks for the help.

Once again, cheers.

Spector Legends and the G&L Tribute series are probably the bes,t most versatile basses in their price range... even beyond.

Quote by Mutant Corn
The Fender Jazz is tried-and-true in that department, as is the P bass.

If you want versatility in extremes, I'd go looking for an old Peavey T-40

Yeah, the T-40 is so versatile, it can be a bass and a cruise ship anchor at the same time.
It apparently has the second-worst neck-dive on a bass. The first being an Ironbird, and the 3rd being our favourite T-Bird. The neck-dive on this Iceman can get really, really out of hand. The one is rather "traditional" for an Ibanez bass, but it'll sound more like a bright T-Bird than a Fender.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I never really liked this bass because it's not good for slap and it's shape, seeing as someone mentioned it earlier, seems pretty crap to me.

Versatiliy: Jazz bass.
here is what I don't like about them. They look out of place if you play anywhere above your knee-caps, and when you play that low, it restricts playability.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA