Guitar in question is a Schecter C-1 Classic. I'm replacing the bridge pickup (Seymour Duncan SH-4) with a DiMarzio D Activator Bridge.

The resulting combination will be a Seymour Duncan SH-2n (neck) and DiMarzio D Activator (bridge) with the following selector configuration:
1 - Neck - series
2 - Neck (1st coil) & Bridge (1st coil) - parallel
3 - Neck (1st coil) & Bridge (1st coil) - series
4 - Neck (2nd Coil) & Bridge (2nd coil) - parallel
5 - Bridge - series

I think I managed to get everything hooked up correctly, however the sound of the bridge pickup is soft/quiet in all positions UNLESS I'm touching either volumn or tone knobs and it suddenly gets a whole lot louder/brighter. It sounds almost as if the output is cut in half unless I touch the controls

What have I done wrong/how do I fix this?

Here are the diagrams I used to wire the pickup:
Schecter C-1 Classic Wiring Diagram
Seymour Duncan Wire Color Codes
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by forsaknazrael
Check your solder joints. Are they all fairly shiny? Cold solder joints can cause a connection to be funky and unreliable.

Yeah, I've checked them numerous times with a voltimeter - I also Resoldered all 5 wires with freshly clipped ends and unused solder.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by forsaknazrael
Checked for short circuits? That happened once with my guitar, and I could never get the volume control to turn the volume all the way down. Just something metal touching something else.

Yes - I checked the connections for shorts, including connections I didn't modify. I made sure the bare wire from the pickups wasn't touching anything it shouldn't be touching.

I will check again though.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
dont dimarzio use different colour wires in their pups compared to the conventional ones?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
dont dimarzio use different colour wires in their pups compared to the conventional ones?

Yes - I've already compensated for this.

Seymour Duncan red/white = DiMarzio black/white
Seymour Duncan Green = DiMarzio Green
Seymour Duncan Black = DiMarzio Red
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by forsaknazrael
Have you measured the DC resistance of the bridge pickup, to make sure it's correct with Dimarzio specs?

Negative - I will tonight.

Yesterday I bailed early from work to get it up and running. Checking the connections again as you suggested, I found the bridge ground was broken at the bridge. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix it as the bridge studs are bored into the guitar and separated by a tunnel from the cavity. For the time being, I soldered the end of the wire to stiffen it and smashed it through the tunnel, against the stud and taped the wire against the side of the electronics cavity. The pickup seems to be working fine, however I don't think it's a good idea to leave it in that condition.

Anyone know how to remove the studs on a tune-o-matic bridge?
Ibanez JEM 7VWH