Hey, i just bought a Metal Zone pedal and after playing around with it for awhile i am not so sure if its the one for me. Im just wondering what are my options for distrotion pedals. i really dont know where to start. Should i keep the Metal Zone or find something new? I thought the Metal Zone was a pretty thin trebely sound which i was not too fond of. I would love a pedal that could do a variety, anywhere from Punk, Classic, 80's Metal, Thrash, and some new rock. i know that is prolly impossible but i would love to hear some suggestions so next time i go to Guitar Center i atleast have a place to start when i try em out. THANK YOU!
I always thought that about the metal zone

I picked up a line 6 uber metal which has three diffrent distortion and with some tweaking I was able to get a great range of tone. In combination with a tube screamer the two pedals are all I need to get a good set of tone/ boost
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
I dont really have a certain budget so if you have any ideas or know any pedals that are a little more expensive but would be worth it i would love to hear.
Well, if you don't have much of a budget but you are looking for a versitile pedal go with the Line 6- DM-4 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-DM4-Distortion-Modeler-Pedal?sku=150384 it is 250 or so (im sure you can get it cheaper on Ebay) and you get a wide variety of tone.

The Ubermetal Retails i think for about 100 but I got mine on ebay for 30
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
i love my boss ds-1 every sence i bought it about 3,4 years ago.Its not so distorted but sounds great,try it out.
Try playing with the EQ a bit.. but that pedal is generally regarded as crap.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
TS, i would go for a Blackstar HT pedal either a DIST model or a DIST-X model (the dist-x has more gain) they are very versitile IMO very natural sounding because of the valves. they cost bout £100 from www.guitarandampshop.co.uk Edit just read that your in the states so i rocktron silver dragon and if you can spend a bit a damage control pedal like the demonizer.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Last edited by Mybleedinglung8 at Apr 22, 2008,
Electroharmonix Metal Muff?

And if you can afford it a Zvex Box of Metal.
Distortion pedals are generally garbage. Especially boss distortion pedals ( I have tried them all and I find there are much more economical and better sounding pedals). If you could, try to get a Fulltone OCD or CMatmods signadrive or Homebrew Power Squealer.

One of the reasons you are getting such a bad sound is becuase the VOX AVTs take Pedals really badly. The best option for you is to sell some gear and save up for a new amp that has good gain. Based on your tastes i recommend a used Peavey 5150 combo. For now though, sell the pedal and deal until you have the cash for a good tube amp.
Hmmm, if you are handy with a soldering iron you can mod it. Boss pedals are wonderful platforms for modding, and can become something that can compete with boutique pedals costing 4x more money. It just takes patience and care, and a little molten lead.

Monte Allums offers several mod kits for the MT-2
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Guys i have a problem =) i now have a ibanez 10 watt amp. no pedals... and when i play more than one note like c major chord when i play all strings and when i play fast the sound go inside each other and i cant hear each note clearly... is this because of the amp? it only happens in drive channel... should buy a pedal like metal muff or get a new amp like roland cube 20x and buy the pedal later... when we play through a pedal does it matter what amp we play from or does the amp just gives the sound the pedal makes? i need help and sorry for bad english... I have an cort evl k-4 but it happens too with cort x-2 so?
Quote by ScreaminSavior
the Boss Metal Core is one of the best if not the best. in my opinion. it has LOW control for depth so it doesnt sound trebly. heres a demo on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W94T4CqSBfM

like it or not, ALL boss distortion pedals sound like horny bees. (edited due to the post below )

disclaimer: i like their buzzy sound. i'm not mindlessly bashing boss pedals. if you were thinking of flaming me for that statement, you might like to note how i used a Boss DS-2 on my profile song, and its the distortion pedal i use when performing that crap song live.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Apr 22, 2008,
A stock Boss distortion sounds very tinny. Kinda like ten bees f**king a piece of tin foil in a broken tic tac box. But, if you swap out for better components, for a fraction of the cost of a new pedal, you have something you can absolutely love, and be proud of because you did it yourself.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge