Poll: Do you think Non Straight Edgers should be allowed to wear Straight Edge band shirts
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think Non Straight Edgers should be allowed to wear Straight Edge band shirts
Yes
47 96%
No
1 2%
Maybe/Other
1 2%
Voters: 49.
Page 1 of 2
I was just thinking about this.

I personally wouldnt mind, but i would think it was a little weird.
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
yeah but i was just thinking about it .

Wouldnt you feel weird if you werent edge wearing a straight edge bands shirt?
I don't see why not. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs but I don't call myself edge because it's a stupid non relevant title that only inspires elitism and militant attitudes. Plus, who knows what I'll be doing years from now, but I'd wear a shirt with some kind of edge message on it if it was from a band I like.
yea i don't really associate bands with things like being straight edge or other titles, if it sounds good then why not wear a shirt?
thats cool
i guess its the same and someone whos edge wearing a shirt from a band whose not edge
straight edgers are a different kind of fascist... they don't discriminate on you based on your race, colour, religion or nationality... just whether you consume certain things...

therefore, i recommend not wearing their shirts

also, if you aren't actually straight-edge, why confuse people? it'll just lead to weird conversations where you have to explain to people that you're a poser
its a ****ing shirt.
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
who really cares, i personaly choose to drink and take drugs but i listen to straight edge bands, as long as they aint trying to change me i dont care what straight edgers get upto, its a stupid stereo type anyway, because someone chooses not to polute there body they are straight edge?
i've met a million "straight edgers" who still ****, drink coffee and tea and take pain killers..
its a trend that will die soon enough
i dont drink coffee or tea with caffiene and try no deal with aches and pains unless i get like a migrain or something

BUT

thats my personal choice
are bleeding through "straight edge" i went to see them a few years back and saw atleast 10 idiots with x's on there hands absolutly wasted... just a thought
yeah they are an edge band

urgh thats what i hate
SO many people claim edge then "have a break" and claim edge again

you cant do that
once you ****edu up, you ****ed up

that goes for sleeping around aswell
Bleeding Through are edge? Well, I drink a good bit and smoke sometimes and I wear a Bleeding Through shirt on occasion. I like(d) their music. What do their drinking habits have to do with whether or not I like the music? I like a bunch of edge bands, doesn't stop my from liking the music or wearing the merch. I'm sure they'd rather have support from a bunch of alcoholics than no support at all.
who cares? if i had an xfilesx shirt id still wear it even though im not edge
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I've got an Over My Dead Body long-sleeve with 'Straight Edge' down one sleeve and a Champion shirt with an X'd up fist on the left chest and a guy stood on the back with both fists X'd up. Makes no difference to me.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
it was just a random thought as i was *cough* "doing my uni work, but talking to someone on myspace"
my friend tokes up everyday but also wears a have heart hoodie that says BOSTON STRAIGHT EDGE on the back.
alot of my friends do drugs and drink and they all jock liferuiner who are straight edge(minus the rape)
what you do in your life shouldn't affect your taste in music
Last edited by Citiz3n 3ras3d at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by Citiz3n 3ras3d
they all jock liferuiner who are straight edge(minus the rape)

Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
who cares
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
There's a difference between walking around with a straight edge band name on it and a shirt that says 'I AM STRAIGHT EDGE', when you're actually not.

At the end of the day, it's a shirt on your back though really. If you're not straight edge but you want to give the impression you are, then that's your problem (hypothetical 'you', not directed at anyone).

Quote by Zycho
Because Straight Edge kids NEVER wear non-straight edge band shirts.

Also, this.
I'm quite "straight edge" but I don't think theres anything wrong with it. I don't wear any, cause it'd be a contradiction, but its up to whoever really
i have a Gorilla Biscuits shirt and i'm not sXe
i do have some affection with sxe/ dont drink smoke/ positive
i listen to Judge and i dont feel insulted by their words because there is a good thought behind
I don't think Minor Threat would count, they're too important to all punk, even the glue-sniffing, 40 drinking sort.

The sense of irony makes Earth Crisis almost as good smoking music as Bongzilla. I don't see an issue with non-edgers, or even drug(including alcohol, tobacco and caffeine, let's not kid ourselves based on what the government tells us we're allowed)using promiscuous swingers wearing straight edge band merch. They have their reasons (for both liking the band and for whatever their vices may be), and no one has any right to bother them for it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU

The sense of irony makes Earth Crisis almost as good smoking music as Bongzilla.

hahha but anyways

IF YOUR NOT EDGE NOW YOU NEVER WERE.

eh i guess if the band has an option between a x'ed up shirt and a more normal one, and one of my friends (who are not edge) got the x'ed up one i'd think it kind of lame.
I have a Champion shirt that has a cartoon of some x'd up dudes on it, and I am not edge.

Whatever.
My drug dealer friend owns more straight edge shirts than I do.

Joe (ANS drummer/Municipal Waste roadie) wears a straight edge belt everyday and once gave me a Project X pin.

I'm straight edge and I play in a band that is famous for partying.

Also I'm not Krishna, but I'll wear 108 shirts.

Point being that it doesn't matter, you support the band when you buy a shirt so who cares. Just because you're not edge doesn't mean you don't respect it either. So let's all have one big XXX singalong with the drunks, the punx and edgemen.
im not straight edge but some of my favourite bands straight edge hardcore bands. i think the music is great and inspirational but the culture is just a label and a title, you cant say you're going to live your whole life without even TRYING alcohol or cigarettes, and you wont even know how it is and you just based your opinion on how bad people tell you it is. there's not need for a label, if you dont smoke, you dont smoke, if you dont drink, you dont drink. doesnt mean you can never. the Xs look cool though
my verse shirt says "Providence Straight-Edge". I could care less it's a shirt, and i'm sure as hell not edge
Page 1 of 2