Page 1 of 3
Ok, so today I'm today on my forums, and some mong posts this thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843452

So I report it. Ok, I'm a bit more verbose than need be doing it, but it's a forum user's responsibility to get rid of spam.

What I want to is why some of you seem to have such a thing against people reporting threads that are quite clearly made because someone has too much time on their hands (cough...).

inb4 Reported, btw.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
so basically you're all pissy because people got mad at you for reporting something. maybe if you didn't say "i love doing this" beforehand, they wouldn't have had so much fun with it.
hug your local pug dealer!
That what actually an inside joke on another forum in a galaxy far far away. I was seeing if there were any users of that said forum here on UG. You sir did not get the joke, don't be an asshat.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by Jesus Juice
Is this about Lueshi???

Im sensing it is...

Fellow LUEser?.....

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Yeah the i love doing this was mega gay.

I love doing this.

Guess what happens now? hahahaha
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
There's a report button for a reason.

I think flaming somebody for reporting should be a warnable offense.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by omarrodrigez
Fellow LUEser?.....

lol. Nah.
I was just in the thread BadReligionRocks is chucking a little bitch about.
Quote by Jesus Juice
lol. Nah.
I was just in the thread BadReligionRocks is chucking a little bitch about.

haha yeah I was the one that created that thread. I hate UG users that take everything so seriously, which is 98% of them.

Quote by TMVolta19
*smacks forehead* I'm not being a little bitch about it, today was just the icing on the cake. There's far too much angst gets put across to UG users who do the sensible thing.

Quote by element4433

I think flaming somebody for reporting should be a warnable offense.

Thank you.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Verdict: You're being a little bitch.

Don't take everything so seriously, you come off as an ass.

Quote by TMVolta19
I like the guys who think reporting is just writing *reported* but don't actually report or all the n00bs that flame people for reporting.

We should report people for flaming people who report threads. They'd love that.
Quote by omarrodrigez
Verdict: You're being a little bitch.

Don't take everything so seriously, you come off as an ass.
Verdict: You are a immature, annoying UGer.

He didn't break a rule for reporting you.

You did for posting a spam thread.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

So why act all idiotic and say "I love posting saying I reported this thread"?

Doing it is enough.
Quote by element4433
Verdict: You are a immature, annoying UGer.

He didn't break a rule for reporting you.

You did for posting a spam thread.

Did I ever say he broke a rule? no. And immature? that's a low and unjustified statement. I'm so sick of these "holier than thou" UGers.

Quote by TMVolta19
Quote by PrabhuDeva
So why act all idiotic and say "I love posting saying I reported this thread"?

Doing it is enough.

I would hardly call me saying "I love doing this" acting 'all idiotic'. It was sarcasm, saying that spam threads are annoying. You'll realise we get a lot of them as you spend a bit more than a few days here.

Quote by Pinky19
Quote by omarrodrigez
Did I ever say he broke a rule? no. And immature? that's a low and unjustified statement. I'm so sick of these "holier than thou" UGers.
If you get mad about having a spam thread reported, than you are immature.

Fact.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I don't mind people reporting and it makes sense a lot of the time. but one does not have to say "reported".
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by dannyniceboy
I don't mind people reporting and it makes sense a lot of the time. but one does not have to say "reported".

Well, you do, seeing as it's a warnable offence to post in a reported thread.

Quote by Pinky19
Quote by Badreligionrock
I would hardly call me saying "I love doing this" acting 'all idiotic'. It was sarcasm, saying that spam threads are annoying. You'll realise we get a lot of them as you spend a bit more than a few days here.

Ooh, a thinly veiled barb at my registration date. I feel so sad.

I've been here for the best part of three years but never felt the need to register until recently.

And I suggest you grasp how to convey sarcasm in text before attempting again.
Quote by dannyniceboy
Yes they do.

It lets people know that the thread has been reported and not to post.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Badreligionrock
Well, you do, seeing as it's a warnable offence to post in a reported thread.

To me it would make more sense to report it and not post anything in the thread. Then the thread would slowly sink to the bottom and disappear on its own.

Edit: Also some people report things that do not need reported.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

Quote by element4433
If you get mad about having a spam thread reported, than you are immature.

Fact.

I'm not mad that he reported it, but as everyone else has pointed out, he did it in a very bitchy and douche bag-ish manor.

Quote by TMVolta19
Quote by Badreligionrock

If you don't like the thread, leave it.

Do me a favour ok.
Try and go one day without reporting something.
Seriously try it.
It might turn out you like not reporting people for useless, little, petty ****.
Reporting is perfaectly fine.However posting *reported* is comepletely uneccicary and is also spam.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
ive only ever reported one post and i only did that because it was in a thread that i made

reporting posts is stupid. the mods will get around to it all sooner or later, but you get other people in trouble too. i have a warning at the moment. what for? posting in a reported thread.

these days, what thread isnt reported? when it all boils down to it, i got my warning because a mod decided that one person yelling *reported* was right, but in countless other threads, that person is wrong, and people dont get in trouble for posting afterwards.

i really, really hate it when people report things. even threads that are 100% spam. mods know if its spam - dont bug everyone else because you do too.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by dannyniceboy
To me it would make more sense to report it and not post anything in the thread. Then the thread would slowly sink to the bottom and disappear on its own.

The rules say you post in the thread so that it only gets reported once. Otherwise the mods end up with 20 emails each instead of just one.
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
Reporting is perfaectly fine.However posting *reported* is comepletely uneccicary and is also spam.

The point of posting *reported* is so other people don't post in a reported thread...
Quote by Fiddelers elbow

- If the opening post of a thread is spam, then that thread will be considered a 'spam thread'.
Any posts made in a spam thread (other than to notify everyone that the thread has been reported) will be considered spam, regardless of the content of the posts.
The point of posting *reported* is so other people don't post in a reported thread...

They should know not to post in it anyway.If theres any misconseption weather or not the thread should be reported people should not report purely for the sake of doing so.

FAC 13
Quote by steee21

What if you post just after someone else has posted "reported", before getting a chance to see it? Do you still get a warning?
Quote by PrabhuDeva
What if you post just after someone else has posted "reported", before getting a chance to see it? Do you still get a warning?

You get a 2 minute window.

Quote by Pinky19
I guess that makes sense but it is hit and miss thing. I am currrently warned for posting in a reported thread.

Maybe their should be an action that normal users could do to mark a thread as spam (like youtube comments) then when a mod sees that a thread is marked as spam they can handle it in the appropiate manner.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

I guess that makes sense but it is hit and miss thing. I am currrently warned for posting in a reported thread.

Maybe their should be an action that normal users could do to mark a thread as spam (like youtube comments) then when a mod sees that a thread is marked as spam they can handle it in the appropiate manner.

Thats quite a good idea.

FAC 13
Quote by instagata0
ive only ever reported one post and i only did that because it was in a thread that i made

reporting posts is stupid. the mods will get around to it all sooner or later, but you get other people in trouble too. i have a warning at the moment. what for? posting in a reported thread.
I have a warning too for the same thing. We broke the rules, get over it.

With the amount of threads posted, it's impossible for the mods to deal with everything. Reporting posts brings the important things to their attention.

these days, what thread isnt reported? when it all boils down to it, i got my warning because a mod decided that one person yelling *reported* was right, but in countless other threads, that person is wrong, and people dont get in trouble for posting afterwards.
The mods opinion is what matters. If the mod desides he/she was wrong, they'll take the warning away. I doubt that ever happens.

i really, really hate it when people report things. even threads that are 100% spam. mods know if its spam - dont bug everyone else because you do too.
Again mods can't be everywhere at once.

There's logical reason to hate reporting.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Last edited by element4433 at Apr 22, 2008,
Is it just me or does it sound like a bunch of these guys are blowing the mods?

Quote by TMVolta19
Quote by omarrodrigez
Is it just me or does it sound like a bunch of these guys are blowing the mods?

Sounds like your pissy because you got reported. : D
Page 1 of 3