Hello.

I bought my Fender American Stratocaster used about 2 months ago, cause it was a very good deal.
It's a standard american series, but the guy who i bought from, put a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge, which I kinda hate cause it's got a terrible clean sound (no twang at all, just muddy ****).
So I want to replace it, but my problem is that I can't buy a single Fender pickup in the gitar shop, just a set.
But this shop is also a Seymour Duncan ditributor, which sells single pickups (so not just sets).

What do you think, which SD bridge pickup sounds as closest as possible to an american series fender strato bridge pickup?

I've been considering the:

Vintage Staggered SSL-1,
Vintage Flat SSL-2,
Classic Stack Plus STK-S4,
Alnico II pro,
Five-Two for Strat SSL-52.

So which one would be the best?
My amp is a Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 60. But I'm planning to buy a nice tube amp.

So you think the SSL-2 is pretty similar to the Fender pickup?
The Hot rails is a high output pickup, thats really only good for the distorion channel on your amp. I have the lil 59 which is not quite as hot and the cleans through it are mediocer at best, But just out of curiosity, how close is the pickup to the strings?
Quote by Johnbryant
The Hot rails is a high output pickup, thats really only good for the distorion channel on your amp. I have the lil 59 which is not quite as hot and the cleans through it are mediocer at best, But just out of curiosity, how close is the pickup to the strings?

Well, it's quite far, or at least further than the neck and the middle pickup because of the high output. This way, if I switch to it, there's no volume increase.