Im looking to get a tube amp, and i must know less then i thought. I want to know what exactly does the wattage mean on amplifiers. Does that mean it is louder? And what if i have a lower wattage amp but with 2 speakers instead of one.

please help!
No, it means how much power it pulls. Just like wattage on a light bulb doesn't tell you how bright it is, the lumens do. An incandescent light bulb at 60 watts puts out the same basic amount of light as a 15 what compact flourescent (which is why they are referred to as energy efficient).

Same concept for tube amps and solid state amps, from what I can tell. Though I think I read that the volume difference actually stems from the nature of the amplification, that tube amps distort at different frequencies than SS, so when they are turned up they are perceived by our ears as louder.

But volume is measured in dB's, not wattage. Wattage is more of a quick and dirty way of getting an idea of your volume output.

And it depends on the two speakers instead of one. What size? I mean, you'd assume a 1x12 would be about the same output as 2 1x6 by simple math, but it depends on the amps driving power and the ohmage (resistance) ratings.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
2 speakers won't go (much) louder than 1 speaker
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
They're probably about equal volume. The first one is SS, and they generally are higher wattage compared to tube for equal volume (but like I said, that's mostly what the ear perceives, not true interpretation). I think the fact that the second one is 2x12 because it's a two channel amp, which means the dual speakers are to make up for the ohmage between two channel changes.

Honestly, though, if you heard them side by side, the second one, the tube 33w 2x12 would probably be louder to you. Plus, if you're tossing up between tube and SS I'd err on the side of tube every time. That's just me.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
So they are, my bad. I read too quickly. Give me a minute to peruse those specs.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Okay, not much more to go on there beyond what's there, but honestly, even though the 2x12 is lower wattage, I'm gonna say it's probably going to be louder.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣