before getting my Fender Strat HSS 2008, I realized that the humbucker (bridge) wasn't that good, and wasn't up for distortion.

So i decieded to buy the Strat and replace the pickup soon after.

so i'm sitting here with the strat realizing that i can't try pickups at guitar shops, unlike trying guitars.

So the only way i can deciede which pickup I will buy, is to get recommendations from people that have those pickups.

Since the neck and middle Single coil pickups on the strat have very good cleans, it is not a must that this pickup to have good clean, but if it does, it'll be even better.

I do NOT have a budget.

I play classic rock, punk rock, a bit of metal.

I am actually looking for a " my chemical Romance sound."

I have a fender dual reverb as an amp,

I was thinking of:

DiMarzio:

Evo

Evo2

Super Distortion

EMG 85

Seymour Duncan:

SH-4

Invader

Dime bucker

Thanks in advance, I hope you guys can help me find the pickup i am looking for.
Evo neck and middle, Custom 5 bridge?

Or better, buy a Humbucker/Humbucker Pickguard and get a 59'/custom 5 combo
No sorry.

I don't want Humbuckers for the neck and middle, and i want to keep them stock.

i only want to change the bridge pickup.
emg 85 definately but you'll have to disconnect the other 2 pickups or do some very fancy wiring
Just about all of the pickups you listed are very high output and will drown your single coils out if they are played together. The EMG's are right out because active and passive pickups shuold never be mixed. (it can work but sounds bad). The Duncan SH4 may sound good as it isn't that powerful. I would recomend the Dimarzio PAF pro, the Joe, or FRED for your situation. (What can I say, I love Dimarzio!)
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Dimarzio PAF pro, works for everything with any pickup and sounds fantastic!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Duncan Custom Custom - forget EMG's and actives in general, also scratch anything too high output and anything crap ( so that rules out the Dimebucker and Invader on both counts.)
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ValoRhoads
Dimarzio PAF pro, works for everything with any pickup and sounds fantastic!
Word.

At the risk of sounding like Jeremy Clarkson, the PAF Pro may not be the absolute best, but is quite possibly the most versatile humbucker...ever made...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
So The PAF pro is my best bet?

or should i get a gibson burstbucker?

PS: i already have a Gibson LP studio
Personally, I think you'd be happier with the PAF pro.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
you convinced me pretty well into getting the PAF pro, but can you give me a reason why it is your preference?
I've played several guitars with several different wood and bridge configurations, all equipped with PAF Pros and it has never proved to be anything less than stellar. It sounds great split, hell it even sounds good in parallel.

As for neck or bridge, call it unisex if you will. It isn't a dedicated neck or bridge pickup, which in itself should dictate its versatility.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Enjoy
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头