Does anyone know of a telecaster style bodied guitar has the option of having a floyd rose double locking tremolo?

This is probably my dream guitar but it seems that manufacturers shy away from adding tremolos to telecasters as its not what people want! But i want!!

Thanks.
I don't know of any current production telecasters with them, but I've seen a MIJ tele with a floating trem on it once. Probably would have bought it to, if it weren't so beat up...
try Carvin guitars they have a telecaster model which i assume since they are semi-customs come with a floyd rose option to thm
never seen a Tele with a Floyd. Build one. It's not that hard. Warmoth.com can make the body for you with the floyd route and all. Slap on a neck and some pickups, string it and wail away!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I would go with the Carvin telecaster. you can put a floyd rose on one of them.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by MattCbassist
try Carvin guitars they have a telecaster model which i assume since they are semi-customs come with a floyd rose option to thm

I have seen these.

They dont have floyd roses though, they use a wilkinson tremolo which i am unfamiliar with.
Quote by rancidryan
try getting hugh manson to make you one of these : http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/Muse%20gallery/pages/Manson%20Ali%20top.htm
alternatively buy a normal tele and have a floyd put it by a luthier

If i had the money, thats the first place i would go!
Probs start from scratch though, i dig the mattocaster, but if i was gonna make a custom, it would totally my own design! we can only dream!

Id imagine that putting a floyd in regualr tele would be a costly process!
yeah, but some guy found an american deluxe tele with a khaler fitted for 300 in a pawn shop lucky him :P
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I'd go with the whole Warmoth route.I think an alder tele body is about $160/170, a neck with a floyd prep is about 230, and a Schaller LFR is 165. you'll need pickups/electronics too, but use guitarfetish for them.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The volume knows and pickup selector would be in the path of the FR arm when you let it hang. That would be a pain.
Quote by Amitio
Does anyone know of a telecaster style bodied guitar has the option of having a floyd rose double locking tremolo?

This is probably my dream guitar but it seems that manufacturers shy away from adding tremolos to telecasters as its not what people want! But i want!!

Thanks.
Fender Japan had a bunch of Hotrod Teles with FR in the late '80s. Those become available in evilBay once in a while.

To build one, try USACG or Guitar Mill, better Bang for the $$$ compared to Warmoth with the same superior quality.

Arlo West's Tele with FR, Walnut body + Bocote neck:

Nice build, I see you installed a D-tuna too
I figure you like EvH's setup...seeing as the tremcavity is not fully routed and the bridge rests on top of the body....right?
Yeah I was gonna say the same - If I was gonna go double locking and routing it myself id make it so its full floating
So would I, and it's really easy to do too.
Only problem is, I don;t know if you can use a D-tuna on a fully floating floyd, anyone got experience with such a setup?
Quote by Ippon
*pic*

i must have that guitar

dam why is it that everytime you post a pic on a thread Im automaticly attracted to it?!

but seriously thats one HAWT tele
Quote by ZC3rr0r
Nice build, I see you installed a D-tuna too
I figure you like EvH's setup...seeing as the tremcavity is not fully routed and the bridge rests on top of the body....right?
That beauty belongs to Arlo West, from the Tele forum.

Quote by cruc1a7
Yeah I was gonna say the same - If I was gonna go double locking and routing it myself id make it so its full floating
Me, too!

Quote by just17n8
i must have that guitar

dam why is it that everytime you post a pic on a thread Im automaticly attracted to it?!

but seriously thats one HAWT tele
look for an 80's kramer tele like one of mick mars's, they are gorgeous!

You can't use a D-tuna on a fully floating body, and if you managed to it would be pointless as you need to use a trem-setter to make the floyd dive only in order to use a D-tuna, otherwise when ya go into drop d the other strings would all go sharp.