i play a lot of
explosions in the sky
and sigur ros
mostly i play on the clean channel
with lots of reverb
i was wondering if you guys could give me
some insite on this guitar
thank you
I love EITS and Sigur Ros. I might recommend the Fender Toronado. Michael from EITS plays one, and for the price, they're solid guitars. I personally don't own one, but when I played it in the shop by me, it felt really good. It has an offset jaguar-style body, and a short scale. The hardware is set up Les Paul style, two volume, two tone, one toggle. They're out of production I believe, but the Morning Star where I live has them. Check online. As for the Jet King, Ibanez is generally pretty versatile. It's your choice. Mike plays an Ibanez Talman, which shows how versatile Ibanez is. Try the Jet King. I can't really tell you what to buy. I don't even have my first electric yet, but I've been playing acoustic for a while, and I've been looking into getting a Squier Tele and modifying the **** out of it. I digress. Anyway, yeah, check out the Toronado, it does good for that kind of thing.
yeah iv checked out all of there gear
but the fender toronado is a little bit out of my price range
i own a ibanez right now
it was like 200 bucks
but the intonation is all wacked out
and its fallin apart
so i think its time to get a new guitar
so i wasnt really sure on what to get
my guitar teacher has a toronado
i think its an amazing guitar but
its a bti out of my price range
so iv been tryin to find some guitars in my price range
that would be good for those sounds im goin for
i dont have a clue about those bands but

THE JET KING FREAKING ROCKS!! i have a JTK1 and its freaking amazing for how cheap i got it. the JTK2 look just as sweet. i DEFINITELY recommend it if those bands are anything like indie and classic rock. great cleans too. it can handle metal fairly well too IMO. it has a really nice bass-y feel too it.

i dont rly think my little post has been that helpful, so here is something that i sent someone else:

the humbuckers can provide some of the same "bell-tones" that you can get with a single coil without even tapping them, so i would not worry about not having single coils. For blues, i put it into the neck position (with it tapped or not, both are awesome). it is very smooth sounding and playing. for rock, especially classic rock, this is awesome. while with distortion, you can't really tell the difference between tapped and not-tapped, the humbuckers easily cover doobie brothers, ac/dc and pratically anything you can think of from the 60s and 70s. (does bassier metal well too)

basically, it could definitely provide a back-up for a strat.

heres a basic run down of what this guitar can do:

Bridge(not tapped) - on this setting you get a nice lead tone with a little twang in it. very good for songs like back in black, or china grove.

Bridge(tapped) - this setting can be really fun. if you turn off the bass on your guitar, set your mids at 5 and turn your treble all the way up, you have a very funky surfer sorta sound. very twangy and jangly. i haven't rly found a practical use for this setting except for the occassional surfer/old country lick i feel like play, but its fun. (good for alt-rock too)

Both pickups (tapped or not tapped) while you can get a little variation with tapping individual pickups on this setting, im goin to ignore them and talked about the big picture. this setting can give you warm and smooth tones that are, again, perfect for classic rock. I have also begun using this channel for metal because you get a very full sound. Its also within this range that i personally start finding the blues tones that i like. IMO the tones in the neck and neck/bridge positions are closest to claptone and B.B king's sound.

Neck pickup(not tapped) on this setting you get a nice warm and smooth tone with a little less of the bite and fullness that you find with both the bridge and neck. if you have good touch, you can get some rly nice bell tones off of this setting.

Neck pickup (tapped) essentially, the same as it being not tapped, except it has less output and a lot more jangle.

(btw all the sounds here mostly occur on the clean channel, if you have it highly overdriven, the effects of the coil tap are kinda nulled)

hope that helped!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I agree with the previous poster.
It's a very nice guitar, considering what you are paying for it, of course.

The guitar is pretty versatile, and has both warm and twangy clean sounds to it, depending on how you configure the pickups (tapped/non-tapped), the selected pickup and the tonepot.

If you are on a budget, it's a great guitar for anything from 70s stuff to modern alt-rock.

Try it before you buy and just play some stuff of the afformentioned bands. If it sounds okay to you, you've got a winner.
Just remember that it's really heavy. Even though this means it gets REALLY GOOD sustain, it's just something to remember.

Also the neck pickup when in humbucker mode, is really hot and loud.
I don't even shred
Quote by Nebjy
Just remember that it's really heavy. Even though this means it gets REALLY GOOD sustain, it's just something to remember.

Also the neck pickup when in humbucker mode, is really hot and loud.

...erm, the neck pickups on the JTK1 at least are fairly cool actually...the bridge pickup is rather hot tho, especially on the JTK2.

they aren't that heavy either. lighter than an LP at least, maybe a little more bulky than a strat, but nothing at all extreme. i mean, its basswood.

it does have unusually good sustain tho...
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I am considering buying a Jet King myself and over a Fender! So I dunno, haven't decided yet, but for the money they seem like pretty versatile guitars, I do however hate the headstock on them, I love the headstock of Omar's new signature Ibanez, with the vintage Ibanez logo, fits the guitar much better, so if I'm gonna buy one, I would try to take off the original one and replace it with one of those vintage ones, if that would be possible.

Since the post starter is into more Sigur Ros stuff, maybe the Fender Telecaster Custom/Deluxe would be something, they can create some Radiohead sounds, Jonny Greenwood's into Telecasters, so that may be something for you.

I found some videos on youtube of the Jet King:

Jimmy Ågren Band /kinda bluesy slide stuff (don't know which Jet King model this is, does anyone have a clue?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MddKAK7unl4

Another Jet King (I believe with humbuckers in the sunburst colour)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07eJcU9HdYs