Hey guys, i wanna upgrade from my Microcube. I need a decent amp that suits metal and hard rock, and perhaps a little bit blues. Anyway, i will mostly use it in my room and it shouldn't be too expensive. I would love to have a amp that i finally could test some pedals on.

Summary: Not very expensive, mostly metal, hard rock, and to use in my room.

Thanks guys.

-Ergin
Cube or a AD15VT XL. Or you could get a small tube like a Royal 8 since you want to get some pedals.
Quote by imgooley
Cube or a AD15VT. Or you could get a small tube like a Royal 8 since you want to get some pedals.

Fixed. A lot of people hate the AD15VTXL, so I'm gonna suggest against it. The original is better - although some people think it can't get much metal (maybe old school Iron Maiden/Judas Priest kind of stuff). But a bigger Cube could be a good idea, Royal 8 or something would do but you'd need at least an overdrive to go with it. Maybe a Laney? I think at least some of them have decent gain. Although they're gonna cost more.

The problem with metal and amps is, that you're pretty much gonna have to go tube or modelling (with the exception of stuff like the Peavey Bandit and Randall solid states), and tube amps that can do metal without pedals are gonna be loud.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
^well he said he wanted pedals, so I suggested the Royal 8. Is the XL really that bad? I haven't played one, but I have heard them and they are a lot boomier than the original.

A lot of people like the cube too, I just think it's a bit cold.
I've heard they're muddy as hell, have a lot of high gain models out of which about 2 are usable.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.