2 things...

1 - stop trying to play so fast, particularly on Crazy Train. The only way to learn things spot on is the master them slowy at first, then gradually build up the speed. Ironically it looks like you could play Crazy Train fine if you played it at the normal speed

Sweet Child needs work though, but that's to be expected after only 3 months. Work on it at about half the speed and concentrate on fretting accurately and cleanly, and picking in time with your fretting.

2 - For god's sake, tune your guitar
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 22, 2008,
Thanks for the constructive criticism, I appreciate it.
I would like to note that the guitar was tuned down 1/2 step for Sweet child, and I didn't change it back for Crazy Train lol.

As for me going to fast, I haven't listened to the song in a LONG while, so I didn't realize I was going to fast.

I think my main problem with Sweet Child O' Mine is my ring finger, I have trouble flattening it out.

How's my alternate picking?
Quote by OsokDracul
Thanks for the constructive criticism, I appreciate it.
I would like to note that the guitar was tuned down 1/2 step for Sweet child, and I didn't change it back for Crazy Train lol.

As for me going to fast, I haven't listened to the song in a LONG while, so I didn't realize I was going to fast.

I think my main problem with Sweet Child O' Mine is my ring finger, I have trouble flattening it out.

How's my alternate picking?

i thought crazy train sounded odd i didnt want to say though lol , try and play both slower especially the later as your making mistakes when youve stopped making them start playing it a little faster till you can play full speed
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
A bit sloppy, just tighten things up, get your timing down, and try not to hesitate during riffs so much, and you'll be golden.

Also, it's great to see you using your pinkie.
I didn't start using my pinkie until more than 6 months after I started.
Thanks for the advice rancidryan.

Thanks for advice nate. I've actually made it a point to force my pinky into my playing because I know it's so weak. Cool avatar by the way!
Study what you are playing, If you don't need to pull a finger up then don't. Look for the easy way to play songs.

Other then that and being a little out of tune its decent for 3 months.
One thing I'll do when playing the intro to SCOM (unless you're trying to emulate Slash's style) is play the low E with my pinky (fifteenth fret), then shift it over to the fourteenth and play that note. Just a thought, might help you a bit.
Quote by Kenny77
One thing I'll do when playing the intro to SCOM (unless you're trying to emulate Slash's style) is play the low E with my pinky (fifteenth fret), then shift it over to the fourteenth and play that note. Just a thought, might help you a bit.

You mean the High E

It'd be the correct note but wrong octave on the low E
Not bad for 3 months work. Keep it up.

I've been playing for 2 months, and I can play the main riff of Highway to Hell, Hells Bells intro, and the main riff of If You Want Blood.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings
Thanks for the advice Ze Metal.

@Kenny77, wouldn't it be incredibly hard to shift the pinky finger that much, at those speeds?

@Ryan14, thanks man. Highway to Hell and Hells Bells kick so much ass....I don't think I've heard of the other song though. Keep it up!
Quote by OsokDracul
@Ryan14, thanks man. Highway to Hell and Hells Bells kick so much ass....I don't think I've heard of the other song though. Keep it up!

Ah, you should hear it. Fun to play, sounds really neat.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings
Last edited by Ryan14 at Apr 23, 2008,