Well, so my guitar has gone to heaven......

We were practising the other night and while we were playing (I get a little intense sometimes) the screw that was used to install the brand new Dunlop StapLOK's came OUT of my guitar..... OUT... the whole thing..... so as I saw my guitar flying through the air and crashing down on the cold hard pavement my first thought was "those bastards"

Well, I called the company and they said it was an installation issue, but the instructions were followed... to a T...for this exact reason.... they didn't care...they said it was an installation issue....

Anyways, so the question now is... I have ordered a new one...but should I get it... or fight Dunlop.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
What guitar was it?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Oh, I thought you meant your BC Rich, in that case it would have went to hell.

I kid, I kid.

What's the damage done to the guitar?

Anyways, I say fight dunlop if your guitar was really messed up by the fall. If it just fell and just didn't do much damage, I say just drop the issue.
But, if their product did fail, and seriously damage your guitar, they should be responsible for their error.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If it came out of the guitar, it was likely the guitar splintering apart in that spot AROUND the straplock. In which case it was not an installation issue per se, but still not Dunlop's fault. Sorry mate.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Thats what I said

Well, the headstock is broken almost right off of the neck, and the bottom of the guitar is all chewed up.

I said that Dunlop should pay, since their product failed...but according to them, their product did not fail, I did at installing (which is impossible considering I followed the instructions perfectly)
Ouch, I would kick Dunlop's ass and then buy some schallars. Dunlop straplocks aren't well designed at all.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I have found this out for myself personally.....I ordered a new white swede...hopefully its in before my summer shows start.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Oh, I thought you meant your BC Rich, in that case it would have went to hell.

I kid, I kid.

What's the damage done to the guitar?

Anyways, I say fight dunlop if your guitar was really messed up by the fall. If it just fell and just didn't do much damage, I say just drop the issue.
But, if their product did fail, and seriously damage your guitar, they should be responsible for their error.

+1

If you followed the instructions completely, it's their fault.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I have found this out for myself personally.....I ordered a new white swede...hopefully its in before my summer shows start.

I feel really horrible for you man. No guitar deserves to have it's head broken off. Post pics of the damage.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
I will.... its horrifying.

I just cant believe all this happened right before saving up for my Roadster....
man that blows, but like others said, if the wood in the guitar is like split, that's all you. but if the lock itself is like broken, i wouldn't drop it.

actually, do what you can either way, it doesn't hurt to try to fight it. so what if you lose, atleast you know you tried. you could get something out of it.
Well.... I kind of solved my problem.....

I went and bought a new Hagstrom swede
Post those pics of the damage. I want something I can mourn over...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993