ok so i own an epiphone SG and im satisfied with it. Latly im digging the les pauls and im thinking about geting a second axe... is it worth it to buy the epiphone les paul or are the sg and lp so similar is not really worth it?
I can't say anything about the SG but I have an epi les paul custom and I love it. But as with most guitars you're probably better trying a few out, especially if you're wanting to spend big(ish) bucks.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
In my experiance, it seems like even Epi LPs are much more deep-sounding than SGs. I played a Pelham blue epi g-400 (with blue strings......) thru a valveking, and the tone seemed harsh and just not good. Then I got an Epi LP plus-top (same pickups as a standard). It sounded much better, deep, rich, full,and just great imo. I would definately get an Epi LP standard, not a studio. The studio has a very fat neck, while the standard has a much more playable neck on it.
The LP has a thicker body hence it will sound a good bit different. The customs aint too shaby, I've played a few.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I think you should invest in better pups since the guitar is great (heard it at store) i bymyself got Epi LP std plus and its actually sound close. this is a great guitar really great