Has anyone else have this problem?

I have a B-52 AT100 Head that keeps blowing fuses. I have it at low, room volume. The tubes get really hot and then the fuse in the plug-in blows. The tubes should not be cooking when the master is on 1 and the volume on channel 1 is on 2. Is there a common problem associated with something like this? My cab is 16 ohms and I have it set on 16 ohms.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Jackson Warrior JS30 upgraded EMG 81/85
Epiphone Silverburst 1966 Reissue G-400
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
Are you putting the right fuses in?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
how old are the tubes?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
the fuse goes in only one way and the tubes are as old as the amp. I think they are a year old.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
i think you may need new ones, or new power ones at least, id ask for another opinion though
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
is it the mains fues, or the valve fuse?
mains fuse means it a major electrical fault, consult an amp tech.
valve fuses means it a power valve problem. what colour do they glow? orange/green/blue etc?
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
the tubes glow orange and are still the stock ones. It is the fuse in the plug in, so I don't know which fuse this is for. It sounds like it is in the main electrical socket because this is the fuse where you plug the amp into the wall. It takes the amp about 20 minutes for the amp to get too hot and blow a fuse. I have used the stock fuse and the stock backup.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
Same crap is happening to me buddy. Although I'm using new tubes and and the ole Windsor is trying to cook one of my power tubes. Im bringing it in to be checked out.
Gibson.
I'm thinking there has to be a short forming somewhere when the circuit heats up. I really do not want to have to take the amp apart and get out the soldering iron.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
Is it an older B-52? Older ones had a fair amount of problems with mechanical noise and over heating. I would first try new tubes though, as a faulty power tube can blow the main fuse.
Quote by jewbaby667
the tubes glow orange and are still the stock ones. It is the fuse in the plug in, so I don't know which fuse this is for. It sounds like it is in the main electrical socket because this is the fuse where you plug the amp into the wall. It takes the amp about 20 minutes for the amp to get too hot and blow a fuse. I have used the stock fuse and the stock backup.

Is it glow from the heater, or from the plates?
The B-52 is an older model. The tubes glow on the top, i'm assuming they are the power tubes. The glowing tubes are on the far left of the amp near the plug in. Should they have been hot and glowing at low volumes? My old Peavey Valveking did the same thing. I never played either amp for extended periods of time at high volume, but they both seemed to stay hot whether cranked or room volume.

Is there a place I can take this to repair? I've owned it about 6 weeks and bought it from a Guitar Center. I did not get an extended warranty and I don't think they have anyone that can fix it. Sending it back to B-52 for repair would kind of be pointless. It will probably cost $100 to ship and more to fix.........
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz