This may be a bit... unimportant to many of you, considering a fair amount of you are out of school at the moment, but I'll shoot anyways for those who still are in school.

Today, I had a test in Geography. It was an open book test, so I could look in my notes and write down the answers directly from there. All the questions came right out of our notes.. so it was VERY simple. I think each of our classes are like... 70 or 75 minutes long, so that's how long I had to do the test. I have a bit of a cold from staying outside the other night with my girlfriend. We had a fire, and layed out and looked at the stars, but I fell asleep as it got a bit cold and damp. Anywho... so my cold is almost gone except for this nasty chest cough. Back to the main story... I'm doing my test for about 5 minutes, with occasional coughing here and there, no big deal. But then I just KEPT coughing... for the rest of the 70 minute period. So... I got about 5 minutes of the test done, the rest waisted on trying to breathe.

I'm not complaining at all... don't get me wrong. I'm going in at lunch tomorrow to finish the test. This all got me thinking though.

Do you get a chance to finish your test if you're sick?
Are you allowed to take the test if you're on medicine?
Can you ask to take the test another day if you're sick?
What are your thoughts on these?

Thanks.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
what the hell!!? you coughed for 65 minutes?!

Wow.... just wow.... !! Good luck on the test.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Yes... 65 minutes. One of the most painful days of my life. Including the time I heard my parents having sex.

Edit: I wouldn't say I'm "sick". Just a cough... non-contageous. I also can't afford to get behind on anything.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Jeez, your classes are 70 minutes long? Mine are only 50 most days, and 30 on half days like today....

On topic: I don't go to school when I'm sick.
i would have excused myself. you were probably annoying the hell out of your class mates

on a side note, you don't catch colds from the temperature being low.
Quote by Fryer Mike
Yes... 65 minutes. One of the most painful days of my life. Including the time I heard my parents having sex.

Where in Ontario are you?

And wow that must have been bad... and to answer your question, I would probably have been **** outta luck.

^person above me is right on both statements.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Dampness?

Edit: Near Brantford...

Norfolk-County actually.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
no! to the first three: suck it up is the basic answer: I always get hayfever at exam time and its so frickin annoying: and also if ure ill on the exam u'll have to go in and i doubt u'd get to resit unless you were seriously ill.
finally, if it is just in school exams, the answer to all of ure questions is yes.
my opinion, suck it up!!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Fryer Mike
Dampness?

Edit: Near Brantford...

Norfolk-County actually.

Colds are like a virus or bacteria or something like that, so how can cold make you sick . Though it probably can help you get a cold, it's not what causes the cold.

Ah that's near peterborough(sp?) isn't it..?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

To Will... suck it up?

Yeah... I couldn't breath... I was trying to hold my mouth shut... and my eyes wouldn't open. I WAS FIIIINE.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
It depend if that teacher likes you or not.

Like to one of the teachers that loves me if I started coughing and said "I don't feel well enough to finish, can I finish tomarrow?" they would have no prob with that.

However, if its a normal teacher you have no friendship with then no prolly not.
when i was doing my maths GCSE this guy was sick half way through a paper, he didnt resit it and i'm pretty sure he just got the marks he'd already got
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by floppypick
Colds are like a virus or bacteria or something like that, so how can cold make you sick . Though it probably can help you get a cold, it's not what causes the cold.

It's not TOO close... but I guess it could be if you're far.
Near Simcoe.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by FireandFlames
Jeez, your classes are 70 minutes long? Mine are only 50 most days, and 30 on half days like today....

On topic: I don't go to school when I'm sick.

My classes stretch from 35minutes till 105minutes.
Quote by floppypick

It's a virus, but the cold would get your immune system down a little, and since we're surrounded & covered by bacteria all the time, that's probably why.

Anyway, I never cough that much in exams, my nose always runs too much, sometimes even in lessons when we're working quietly, so it both annoys the hell outta me and my classmates.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Why do you care so much about a random test?

Unless it's actually important for something, then I don't think it matters, but yes, you can re-take an exam you were off sick for (in the UK at least). Also, why go to school when you're ill?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Do you get a chance to finish your test if you're sick?

No

Are you allowed to take the test if you're on medicine?

Yes

Can you ask to take the test another day if you're sick?

No

What are your thoughts on these?

Don't get ill or you will fail your A levels
I got saliva gland stones about 4 or 5 hours before a law test, it basically feels like tooth ache, but worse. I sat the test anyway, by the end of it I was in so much pain that when I got to my conclusion and I couldn't even remember what my argument was. I ended up getting 96% and the best mark in my year by far. All good.