Is the Marshall MG Half stack good?

If it isn't suggest some other stuff in that $400 price range for a Rhoads sound
Nope.

Peavey valveking?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Search bar search bar Search bar search bar Search bar Search bar Search bar search bar search bar search bar Search bar search bar Search bar search bar Search bar search bar Search bar search bar Search bar search bar

If I see another thread like this..........GOD!!!!
^ Don't buy a half-stack if you don't intend to turn it up. And don't buy an MG half-stack.

For the price range, valve combo amps will generally be better quality than half-stacks.
thats like asking is the Pope a Jew?

But seriously, dont get one
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
I've got an MG practice amp and the higher end MG's hardly improve much besides on the volume aspect. There are so much better choices for that price range, and you don't even need a half stack unless you're set on one. Consider a Peavey Valveking, Vox Valvetronix (I've got one), Roland Cube, maybe splurge and look into the 5150? Just anything but an MG.
$400, save up a bit more for a tube amp. Louder + Better tone. MG's aren't too bad as practice amps, but an MG half stack = no. Mind you, if like MG's, there is a mini-tack based on the MG15 if you want it for practice.
Why do you need a half stack?

Valveking 112 is better. Or a Valvetronix for flexiability.
Quote by gurg06
Search bar search bar Search bar search bar Search bar Search bar Search bar search bar search bar search bar Search bar search bar Search bar search bar Search bar search bar Search bar search bar Search bar search bar

If I see another thread like this..........GOD!!!!

Ehm, if I say this I get flamed ...
MGs can sound ok, if you keep some certain points in mind,

1: Think of it as a challenge to play it and still sound good, not a hinderance
2: Don't try to use distortion pedals with it; Only use the OD1 channel (OD2 is crap)
3: Never have the treble past 3.
4: Have the bass up really high
5: Try not to do too many solos, it's best for low rhythm

OD-1 Channel
Bass - 9
Mids - 6
Treble - 0
Gain - 3-5
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
I always crank the 15 watt mg at school whit 10 treble/7bass/2 countour/10 reverb Volume 20 ( since the knob is broken u can do a 360 spin.

THEN ITS THE br00t4lz !
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
thats like asking is the Pope a Jew?

But seriously, dont get one

That is like this one time I did something really dumb. My Jewish friend has a pine tree in his front yard, and I asked them if they had planted their Christmas tree!

Needless to say, I felt really stupid.

But in relation to the thread, get a Crate V32.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
i currently see a tsl60 on craigslist for $475. now isn't that a much better choice?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
I would stay away from the Valveking too. With those cheap Peavey amps you are paying money for the name. It is a bottom of the barrel tube amp. Your best bet is save another $200 and get something good used, so you won't have to buy another amp.
Quote by !!ANGUS!!
How much is the Valveking?

http://www.google.com/
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless