can anyone please tell me if a floyd rose trem will fit an ibanez SA because i really want a floyd rose but i don't know if it will fit into the guitar.

can you please let me know because it's my birthday soon and i want to get one (if it'll fit)

Thanks...
[He who makes a beast out of himself, Gets rid of the pain of being a man]
look up the space between the tremolo posts and the floyd spacing, and if they're they same...it should fit, but you wouldn't be able to pull up.
thanks chad i shall have a look at that tomorrow

and stephen if i do get it routed properly would it fit/work
because i can't really afford a new guitar at the moment
no offense, but it probably would be best to just get an S, because the floyd will cost about 160 (for an original), and about 200 to be routed, and nother 20 for the locking nut. but if you're willing to spend that it should work.

if you don't want to pull up on it, you can just use the SA trem you have now, assuming it's the SAT Pro, because there's a way to set it up to go floating, you can only get a little bit of pull up though, and if you get a LSR roller nut and locking tuners, it should hold tune very well with divebombs and such
I looked into this with my SA, if I remember right, it does fit, and you won't have to route, and if you do it wouldn't be much, unless you wanted full floating (either way, 200 seems absurd to me). The worst part will be the locking nut because of the way the headstock is angled, but it's more than possible.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free

thanks angusx
i will look into it more just to be sure that it'll fit beacause i don't wanna get it if it won't fit my SA, and i have managed to get my SA trem to floating but really i could do with a floyd rose just to keep my guitar in tune aswell as being able to use the trem and stay in tune