on mainstream radio, ( not that i like it very much at all) there are some songs that have screams in them that have been taken out for a radio version. i can understand shortneing a song for the radio, but not editing a scream out because it might be too heavy or not is riddiculous. what do you guys think
Quote by AppleQueso
I think the radio sucks and I avoid it like the plague.

Yeah. Couldn't have said it better.

Your user name is inspired off Apple Butter, is it not?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
wow thats insanely ridiculous. whatever, f*ckin censorship. i can't even drop an f bomb on here either
- petchy
Last edited by petchy at Jun 3, 2008,
i read this one thing that said that tom morello's mom founded an anti-censorship group.
well, i don't listen to the radio because the screamers who are on it suck. i just listen to non-radio music most of the time, so whatever...it's a choice by the band, not the record label. they're just looking to get more fans so.
Quote by LD_Luke D
on mainstream radio, ( not that i like it very much at all) there are some songs that have screams in them that have been taken out for a radio version. i can understand shortneing a song for the radio, but not editing a scream out because it might be too heavy or not is riddiculous. what do you guys think

Yeah, it pretty much sucks...like, KSE had a song (My Curse) which had the screams edited out, and they don't even scream that much. What's up with that?

...on the other hand, I'd like to see a band like Children of Bodom with the screams edited out. Would be funny.
Quote by darkstar2466
Yeah. Couldn't have said it better.

Your user name is inspired off Apple Butter, is it not?

Actually not at all. It was just a random username I tried one day that turned out to be unused in almost every place I've gone.
Quote by AppleQueso
Actually not at all. It was just a random username I tried one day that turned out to be unused in almost every place I've gone.

Traitor! Apple Butter is the most metal thing to exist.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

That has to be the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I'm looking for that at the grocery store.
Quote by AppleQueso
I think the radio sucks and I avoid it like the plague.

QFT.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The only time I've heard of this was with a Trivium single once, where they added in a piano intro, and in the one part with any screams they put in cleans.

It was weird, but it's not like they just cut them out.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are very wise darkstar2466, very wise indeed.

I'll have a bourbon.
I noticed this quite recently where I live. Five Finger Death Punch's The Bleeding was playing, and I've never liked them all that much, but I had heard the song enough to notice the screams were dubbed with clean vocals, which made the song a little more annoying than usual. I've lost hope in radio, I stick to my iPod.
Quote by LD_Luke D

imo
Honestly, who listens to the radio? Every time I'm driving somewhere I bring a cd, or don't listen to anything.
I don't think I've listened to the radio in years... but I did notice some Slipknot single with this.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by duncang
The only time I've heard of this was with a Trivium single once, where they added in a piano intro, and in the one part with any screams they put in cleans.

It was weird, but it's not like they just cut them out.

"Dying In Your Arms"
Yup, they basically took out the 2 sentences of screaming near the end and put cleans in.

The reason is because screams aren't radio friendly.
That's it.

There was a bit of a fuss made when Killswitch Engage got nominated for "Best Metal Performance" or something like that, a few years ago. Because the nominated entry was the radio edit of "End of Heartache" which had certain sections removed and all the screams replaced with cleans for commercial effect.