I'm scared ****less. I need some advice or maybe just to talk I dunno. My younger brother took shrooms on saturday and he hasn't been normal since. I don't mean just spacey... the way he talks he sounds like hes still tripping and he's really confused. I talked to him last night for anout and hour and he just keeps saying how he needs to "organize himself" and how his life is all made of cucles and patterns and he needs to break the patterns. I did my best to talk through stuff with him and he said he felt better and went to bed. Now four days after the trip he's just as messed up. Right now he's talking to my older brother who has more experience with this stuff than I do, so I hope that helps. But I'm terrified that my little brother might not ever be himself again. Help.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
yeah...ask him if he bad tripped. if he bad tripped, some people never come back to normal or it can take forever to do so.

i heard about this kid that had a similar experience. it was two days after taking them and he said he still felt like he was tripping and was acting all crazy.

ask him about the trip and if he had a bad one. he probably has one thing on his mind that he cant stop thinking about, that he is obsessing with that is causing it kinda.

ask him if he bad tripped, and what he cant get off his mind
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I call BS, I have been on mush so many times and never heard of this.

He is just trying to look cool.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
^ Yeah I know what you mean about focusing on one thing. It's like how he keeps talking about getting organized and centered.
Quote by rickyy

pfft...why would he act crazy to look cool???

tripping is a delicate thing. just because you have always had good trips doesnt mean that someone couldnt have a life-changing-for-the-worst trip.

it can mess you up in the head and cause permanent damage.

stop acting like an elitist

EDIT:

Quote by Electrolite
^ Yeah I know what you mean about focusing on one thing. It's like how he keeps talking about getting organized and centered.

well then i would say that is the source of the problem (keep in mind i am no doctor/psychiatrist). ask him to explain that to you, and ask him why he feels that way, why he feels the need to do it, how its going to change him, how hes going to be better off after he does, etc etc.

try to talk him through it (or out of it) and even if that doesnt work youll have made some headway atleast
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by rickyy

Dude I'm sorry but fu ck you. I've done mushrooms too and have bad trips and bounced back just fine, and he also has, he's not the type of kid who's trying to act cool. If you saw the way he was and him crying you wouldnt say that.
He just needs to grow a beard now. Thats the only way to cure "shroom high" THE ONLY WAY!!!!
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Quote by Electrolite

Perhaps he had a revelation about his lifestyle and has decided to change it. Either way, you need to talk to him about exactly what he sees and feels, and if it is different from what he would feel like normally.

Have him do some quick memory-intensive tests and see if he feels tripped out. It should give a good clue on the general state of his mind.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i've heard of something like this...my sisters friend must of taken a bad batch, and he has, like, brain damage, and he has like a twitch. it's pretty sad.
TAKE HIM TO A DOCTOR.

Seriously, if there's anything wrong with him, ask for professional help, not just whatever people on a guitar forum think.

Quote by K_Parker
Shrooms are for buttf*cking pussies real men shoot heroin... bitches

I hope to God that you are joking.
Last edited by blue_strat at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by darkstar2466
Perhaps he had a revelation about his lifestyle and has decided to change it. Either way, you need to talk to him about exactly what he sees and feels, and if it is different from what he would feel like normally.

Have him do some quick memory-intensive tests and see if he feels tripped out. It should give a good clue on the general state of his mind.

Thats not a bad idea but, I think I already saw an example of that with him. He was counting his money, and he counted $19 in bills then he says he has twenty dollars and writes it on the top of a paper. Then at one point he was counting it again and started counting the ones as fives and thought he had $43. And he counted it quite a few times besides.
Hmm, if you really think it's serious you should obviously take him to a doctor.

But it might be unrelated, did anything happen like he broke up with his gf recently or w/e?
No, he was fine until after the trip. I think my older brothers talking to my dad right now. Maybe he will go to a doctor. Bleh I feel so bad.. I'm older than him, I'm supposed to look out for him and I let him do this. I don't think I'll be doing any psychedelics for a long time, if ever again.
Quote by Electrolite
No, he was fine until after the trip. I think my older brothers talking to my dad right now. Maybe he will go to a doctor. Bleh I feel so bad.. I'm older than him, I'm supposed to look out for him and I let him do this. I don't think I'll be doing any psychedelics for a long time, if ever again.

Two days is a long while for effects to subside. If he doesn't feel that he is out of his trip yet, it is best for you guys to consult a doctor. Don't feel guilty either. It was his choice, not yours.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
A really bad trip could change your life forever. He's could be faking it for attention you never know.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Quote by darkstar2466
Two days is a long while for effects to subside. If he doesn't feel that he is out of his trip yet, it is best for you guys to consult a doctor. Don't feel guilty either. It was his choice, not yours.

I know it was his choice but I did it with him so I dunno its hard not to feel a little guilty even if I shouldn't. My dad knows now, which is a weight off my shoulders. Luckily my dad had his fair share of experience with psychedelics. He thinks one of the problems may be that he isn't sleeping (he hasn't slept hardly at all since Saturday). My dads gonna give him something to help him sleep and see if he's better after that.
Quote by K_Parker
Shrooms are for buttf*cking pussies real men shoot heroin... bitches