Hey guys I wanted to buy a new guitar and im stuck between a dean ml shadow and an epiphone les paul zakk wylde edition. I love all styles of music but i mainly play metal. which one u think i should buy? heres a link to them both

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Dime-Shadow-ML-Electric-Guitar-104392832-i1323523.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Zakk-Wylde-LP-Electric-Guitar-101892289-i1150007.gc
Zakk Wylde for the win man, i hear epiphone doesnt sound too different from gibson, id go for it
if you HAVE to get those two, get the wylde sig. but remember zack used 81/85 actives, and those are passive emgs
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
prob the zakk wylde for sound. if you want more of a thrash metal guitar go for the dean, but id go with the epiphone.
Epiphone +1. I wouldn't get a zakk wylde sig though. >.>
Quote by RazorbackDevil
This man is cool in my book. He apparently likes boobs as much as me.
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

i smell a hate thread brewing!
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']None of the above.
I thought the EMG's on the les paul were weak
Go for a Epiphone with active EMG's
or an ESP LTD
ESP is pretty nice, maybe it would do more justice than either of those
Just go for a guitar that isn't a signature model.

Don't try to replicate your idols.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by jamesez501
Hey guys I wanted to buy a new guitar and im stuck between a dean ml shadow and an epiphone les paul zakk wylde edition. I love all styles of music but i mainly play metal. which one u think i should buy? heres a link to them both

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Dime-Shadow-ML-Electric-Guitar-104392832-i1323523.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Zakk-Wylde-LP-Electric-Guitar-101892289-i1150007.gc

If you get the Epi, you'll probably HAVE to get active EMG's in it to sound like Zakk. That's about $200 bucks, but honestly, EMGs = worth it IMO.

It really comes down to, do you know how to maintain/setup a trem? It can be a bitch if you don't know what you're doing.

I've played the Zakk sig, and honestly, it's nice. Seriously, I loved it. I would get it no questions asked, but unfortunately I want a trem on my next guitar, so I guess it'll be one I'll have to acquire in the future. But seriously, even with passive EMG's, that thing it nice. It's heavy, but that's the only downside. Sustain and tone out the ass for that thing, it's crazy!
I own one of each of them and it all depends what your playing style is. But the Zakk is a pretty wicked axe but it loses its punch with passive pickups but still sounds wicked. The dean is a more metal guitar for sure. The Zakk's are tanks to lift they are heavy as hell but well worth the weight difference. What I would suggest is to try them out again and pick the one that is right for your style of play. Never buy on suggestion buy on preference.
get an ESP or an ibanez if you want a metal guitar on a budget
Quote by iloveboobs99
what im a pig bcuz i like boobs. Ok who here like boobs! just wonderin. i do

Quote by Shoestick
Never has there been a time more in need of a smiley that pops a boner.

tee hee

check this out 4 real
If I were you, I'd go out and test each. Don't make a 500+ dollar decision based on what other people say. Go out and play both, then decide which one you like more. Even if everybody says go for one over the other, that won't change how much you like it.
les paul for sure. most versatile guitar there is.

seriously though, even though they aren't active they still are very hot pickups and will do well for metal.

i always felt like deans were just a one trick pony.
Epi Les Paul Standard (vintage sunburst with SD pearly gates pickup in the bridge and SD Alnico II Pro in the neck)
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Avatar 2x12 (vintage 30 and marshall heritage speakers)
Crybaby 535Q
Boss CE-5
Boss GE-7
Boss TU-2
the epiphone ! they make very good guitars, especially the higher end ones like the wylde