I have a Fender Esquire Custom Scorpion, and i've been looking at adding a tremolo bridge to my guitar. the only problem is that i dont know that much about this and im not sure what exactly to get. Any suggestions on a good bridge that will keep my guitar in tune, but still at a good price? Thanx
A bigsby maybe?

But it depends, what do you pretend to do with a tremolo? Just do vibrato or pitch lowering?
if you want to make some crazy harmonics you should get a licensed floyd rose tremolo bridge.. or if you have the money an original floyd rose.
Wilkinson makes really nice bridges. Check them out.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
If thats the case a new guitar might be in order.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by Guitarrox14
i wanna do more of the crazy pitch lowering and dive bombs

Get a different guitar then.

You'd have to have the guitar routed out for it and then you'll have to pay for the trem which would probably cost more than the guitar cost in the first place.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by Guitarrox14
i dont really have enough money to go out and get a brand new guitar

Then you don't have enough money to put a trem in that can do that.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Guitarrox14
if i do get the money, any suggestions on a guitar that will satisfy my needs?

I'd advise you to go play a bunch with a floyd rose type trem on them. A lot of people think they want one just cause they look cool and they can do some fancy tricks with them, but in the end end up hating them because it takes so long to change strings and once you're all tuned up, you're pretty much stuck there unless you want to spend quite a bit of time playing with it to change your tuning.

In the cheaper range of guitars there's honestly not anything I'd really suggest unless you happen to find a nice used guitar with a good trem for cheap. Look into the Official Floyd Rose, Edge Pro and Lo Pro Edge. There's some LFRs (Licensed Floyd Roses), Edge bridges are LFRs but some people will argue they're better than OFRs, that are good though like the ones on Jacksons, but still aren't the greatest.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'd advise you to go play a bunch with a floyd rose type trem on them. A lot of people think they want one just cause they look cool and they can do some fancy tricks with them, but in the end end up hating them because it takes so long to change strings and once you're all tuned up, you're pretty much stuck there unless you want to spend quite a bit of time playing with it to change your tuning.

In the cheaper range of guitars there's honestly not anything I'd really suggest unless you happen to find a nice used guitar with a good trem for cheap. Look into the Official Floyd Rose, Edge Pro and Lo Pro Edge. There's some LFRs (Licensed Floyd Roses), Edge bridges are LFRs but some people will argue they're better than OFRs, that are good though like the ones on Jacksons, but still aren't the greatest.

+1

follow his advice, he's right
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by MatrixClaw
Get a different guitar then.

You'd have to have the guitar routed out for it and then you'll have to pay for the trem which would probably cost more than the guitar cost in the first place.

I don't know what his guitar cost, but here in europe, I can find a decent (Gotoh / Wilkinson) Floyd Rose licensed bridge kit from as low as 120 euros.

Of course you need to install it and everything, which requires skill, but still.
Anyone with enough patience, internet and a router can do it properly...or butcher his/her guitar....

You know what...forget it. If you are going to have a luthier do it, it's gonna cost you a lot of cash, and if you cannot afford to make a mistake routing the bridge, than I strongly advise against it. I don't want to be held responsible for you destroying your guitar.
Wont be to easy or cheap to put the kind of wammy you want in a tele. SO best bet is deal with it for now and save up for a guitar with the wammy you want.
if your getting a floyd, save up for the original floyd

check out the c1 hell raiser FR
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
A Tele with an OFR?

That would look kinda strange........

HOWEVER, Tele's with Bigsbys are sexy

And yeah, the total of putting that FR in there would probably be more than your actual guitar. As stated before, just listen to MatrixClaw. Guy knows his stuff.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
And yeah, the total of putting that FR in there would probably be more than your actual guitar. As stated before, just listen to MatrixClaw. Guy knows his stuff.

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com