Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but searching didn't bring anything up.

Ok, basically, i'd like to know if it would be possible to modify a guitar combo into a cab. What I mean is, would it work if I solder a couple of wires onto the speakers wires and run them to a spare input jack? Would this mean I can connect a head to that that jack and be able to use it just like a cab? And then, if I ever wanted to just use the combo as normal I could just plug into the normal combos input?

I'm thinking it could be done, but i'd like to know for sure. By the way, the combo just has 1 speaker.

Thanks.
I think. As long as you get Ohmage stuff right, I think it would work. You can almost always mod a combo into a head, so i dont see why this cant be done.
Make sure the cab is 4 ohm.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
Quote by qotsa1998
I think. As long as you get Ohmage stuff right, I think it would work. You can almost always mod a combo into a head, so i dont see why this cant be done.

Yea that was my reasoning too. I mean, a cab is just a speaker in a box. And a combo is just a head and cab in a box lol

Edit, why would it need to be 4ohms? If the head can switch from 4,8,16ohms then would it matter?
Last edited by maggot9779 at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by valentinezxifax
Make sure the cab is 4 ohm.

that wouldn't matter.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.