I play alotta genres but mostly metal. Im looking for an amp head that can give me good distortion but has some effects too. Any ideas???
I think a Peavey Windsor head would be good. Maybe a Crate RFX(?) head. But i would go with the Windsor.
Well if it can give you efx, it's not going to be good now is it? And do you really need a halfstack? If you can, I'm sure you could give me three good reasons right?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
Well if it can give you efx, it's not going to be good now is it?

hughes & kettner
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
^ One of the few exceptions, but they're not exactly in the 2-4 hundred dollar range now are they?
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
A GOOD head with effects is going to be very hard to find for that kind of money. So less amp, no effects or more money. Only thing your gonna get with that cash is MG.
^or an AD100VT. Not the Quintessential metal amp head though.
Quote by SSL27
^ One of the few exceptions, but they're not exactly in the 2-4 hundred dollar range now are they?

hey, you're the one who didn't specify the $200-$400 range. im just going off what you posted
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
To be honest id save your money and get something you can love for years to come. I know how it is buying cheap gear and i know its hard to aford gear and it seems so out of reach but ive noticed when you buy just out of budget range you dont feel satisfied and you always want to reach higher. See maybe if you can do some financing options with your local music store to pay something off monthly if you chose to get a killer amp. Its really a good way to go for example i paid 200 dollars a month on my mesa dual rec and its good because it dosent drain you so you have no cash as long as you have at least 200 dollars in your acount come payment time every month. If you do take my advice and go for something a bit pricey for your style i would check out any variation of a mesa dual recto also the Peavey 6505 series is killer.
R.I.P. Dimebag darrell
^ NO! Don't trick the poor retard newbie into buying a spider!
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Windsor isn't good for metal. You'll need a pedal... You might want to look into the ValveKing instead.

Here are sound clips of the Windsor with various pedals. Gear-Monkey

Cheers
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
Last edited by MrSandMan at Apr 23, 2008,