and with it goes all my video, music, drum lessons, YouTube stuff, uni work, the whole lot.

I can't even use my pre-amp becasue I need a MIDI feed.

Until then, what should I do?
Go outside. Live life as it was meant to be... free in the great outdoors.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Go outside. Live life as it was meant to be... free in the great outdoors.

Yeah, but I've got band, and uni and stuff
Quote by Retro Rocker
You should bask in the glorious news that is me now having my Def Leppard / Whitesnake ticket

Whoot!

But I still can't listen to any Def Leppard myself seen as it's all on my laptop.
Quote by Retro Rocker
You should bask in the glorious news that is me now having my Def Leppard / Whitesnake ticket

You lucky jerk...How much was it? I love both of them. Def Leppard little bit more though.
all i can say is deal with it, it happends to alot of ppl, i lost a project that i worked on for a month due to hardrive failure...damn pcs, Macs are the way to go for sure
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
all i can say is deal with it, it happends to alot of ppl, i lost a project that i worked on for a month due to hardrive failure...damn pcs, Macs are the way to go for sure

Same here. I have an assignment on there and I can't do a single thing until I get it back.
oh and uh...Hate to say it man, but you're screwed. I don't think there's really anything you can do unless you somehow backed up all your music and stuff.
But hey, look at the bright side! This can be used as a learning experience! Always back everything up. *Countless angry people run up and stab me*.
Quote by deknisely
oh and uh...Hate to say it man, but you're screwed. I don't think there's really anything you can do unless you somehow backed up all your music and stuff.
But hey, look at the bright side! This can be used as a learning experience! Always back everything up. *Countless angry people run up and stab me*.

I was completely shouted down by my professors- they weren't happy at all cause without my laptop I have nothing uni-wise.

It's luckily just a hardware issue, my data is safe
Quote by ChaoticVengence

amen. Macs are DEF. the way to go. PCs suck.
Oh, if it's just a hardware malfunction, just take it in to get it fixed at a computer shop. Then, go out and buy a Mac Book. (or at least save up for one.)
Quote by deknisely
Oh, if it's just a hardware malfunction, just take it in to get it fixed at a computer shop. Then, go out and buy a Mac Book. (or at least save up for one.)

I need a job
...Okay, then you're completely screwed then. Unless you have magical mooching powers, then you can mooch off of your friends and family.
External. Backup.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
This is exactly why I back up my computer weekly. Go out and buy an external hard drive. Connect it to your computer, and copy every file. then if your PC dies, you can get a new computer and still have all your **** on the external harddrive =D. Just for future reference.

ALSO! if it is a hard drive problem I heard if you stick it into the freezer over night, it turns on one more time. (Due to the fact that after awhile of spinning the hard drive actually gets slightly larger, which halts its ability to spin...freezing it shrinks it a little and give your the ability to turn on your PC one last time and back it up.)
it needs more cowbell!

Member #5 of UG's gain \/\/hores

Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
Quote by figsandbobo
External. Backup.

Yes, I know, I;m a moron for not backing up.

My professors said exactly the same
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Awwww

I suppose the only thing you can realistically do is wait until the computer is fixed and try to find something else that you can do with your time.

People constantly moaning about the effects of an un-fixable problem are just as annoying as the problem itself
Quote by Retro Rocker
Awwww

I suppose the only thing you can realistically do is wait until the computer is fixed and try to find something else that you can do with your time.

People constantly moaning about the effects of an un-fixable problem are just as annoying as the problem itself

Maybe some drumming will pass the time

*boom boom tsh*
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Maybe some drumming will pass the time

*boom boom tsh*

Work on your Mr. Allen technique. I know our drummer was trying it out the other day, it's apparently easier than it looks >.>
Quote by Retro Rocker
Work on your Mr. Allen technique. I know our drummer was trying it out the other day, it's apparently easier than it looks >.>

What, you want me to chop off my own arm and then drum?

Hmmmmmm

Nah,I'm working on Rock Of Ages at the moment, I'll work some more on that
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Eh, you're not a moron until you let it happen again.

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
What, you want me to chop off my own arm and then drum?

Hmmmmmm

Nah,I'm working on Rock Of Ages at the moment, I'll work some more on that

Good choice. We're doing a cover of Pour Some Sugar On Me, awesome song. Everyone knows it so we can get the crowd to sing along. I'm still stuck for a good headbanging routine for that epic 2-note solo
Do you know exactly what the problem is? I had a faulty power supply and couldn't get a full boot. Quickly connected it to my beast hard drive and backed up everything.
Is the hard drive fried?
Quote by Retro Rocker
Good choice. We're doing a cover of Pour Some Sugar On Me, awesome song. Everyone knows it so we can get the crowd to sing along. I'm still stuck for a good headbanging routine for that epic 2-note solo

When I get my band together we have to do a Leppard cover.
Quote by KingDev
Do you know exactly what the problem is? I had a faulty power supply and couldn't get a full boot. Quickly connected it to my beast hard drive and backed up everything.
Is the hard drive fried?

There's nothing wrong with the hard drive itself, it's the keyboard and the associated drivers. What happened was that I was using the keyboard for several hours a day, often at high speeds (I do around 60wpm on my laptop) and the response triggers underneath just gave up the ghost.