so i wrote some little blog thing, i dont really know if this goes in the pit, cause its not strictly political or religious...so if its in the wrong place just let me know. also its a wall of text, but if you passed 5th grade English you shouldn't have a problem reading it...

so...i was thinking today...actually i was reading an article on the universe...and if it has electricity in it. anyways. i was thinking about alien life and then i jumped to how corrupt this world is. so a radical jump and it made me ponder this.

not really ponder...but ****...(not butt ****)...i was thinking about when we die. it would be nice to know that when we die we learn all of the truths of the world we lived in. i really wouldn't care if i ended up somewhere undesirable (hell) as long as i knew that there actually was intelligent life out there, or that everything the government has done for the last 25 years has been a big ploy to put tracking chips in us. just to know the unknown, since your already dead, its not gonna hurt to know how things really were.

off track...landing on the moon was one of the biggest achievements(100 Gamer Points) humans have ever achieved, think about it...we made something with enough power to penetrate (ohh yeah) the atmosphere, and to land on the moon. the best part is that we didnt do it for the greater good of mankind...we did it to beat the Russians there so we could put nukes on the moon. its ****ing pathetic, imagine what we could do together, as the race of man.

but that will never happen...NEVER.....and again...NEVER happen, i am not trying to be negative about this...we just dont work that way...why? Religion...now i believe in god, with out a doubt there is a god, but to me...and i say TO ME all religion seems to be is something for us to grasp, because we cant live with the unknown, and people questioned our existence, everyone has done it at least once, so we needed something to wrap our heads around, so we created myths on how we thought things we made. The Gods, each god was the god of something, we have changed it up a bit now, made it a little bit more believable by making them people and not gods. The worst part about religion is the blood that has been shed in its name. I definably believe in fighting for what you believe in...but just because the guy next to you dosnt believe the same as you dosnt make you any better then him. Now if that guy next to you tries to convert you and he says convert of die...you have every right to kill him. The other way around and you get the Crusades and Jihad. Its all the ****ing same, it has been done before 100 times, history repeats itself, ****ing learn from it. Of course certain things from history have been deleated so that you dont learn the real truth, because i think that if the real truth got let out then i think people would rise up and make things right again...like i said...history repeats itself.

so sweep picking...its hard.
I skipped most of the last paragraph, but got a few lols

And I agree, I wish before we died we could learn anything we wanted.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Flying Couch
I read it, but most people are gonna be like "Tear down this wall!"

Agreed.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
sweep picking is indeed hard, but really, all of this has been said time and time again... i suppose history does repeat itself.

by the way, it would've been better if you hadn't gotten sidetracked with the lame ass jokes like butt **** and penetrate. otherwise intelligent thought was rather diminished by this juvenile sense of "humor." sorry to bash on you though, it was thought-provoking to a point.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by darkfire_storm
sweep picking is indeed hard, but really, all of this has been said time and time again... i suppose history does repeat itself.

by the way, it would've been better if you hadn't gotten sidetracked with the lame ass jokes like butt **** and penetrate. otherwise intelligent thought was rather diminished by this juvenile sense of "humor." sorry to bash on you though, it was thought-provoking to a point.

well i try not to be too serious about it, cause then i begin to get a bit down. so those little jokes in there are for people to realize that im not tying to be douche bag serious.
You have to mute the strings as you come up/down the arpeggio to stop the notes from bleeding into each other.

landing on the moon was one of the biggest achievements(100 Gamer Points) humans have ever achieved

I lol'd.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
pretty interesting since lately ive been interested in apocalyptical things and all...but what u said about the government "deleting" history ....seriously just imagine the things we dont know from the past because its been erased from the books by the government. and finding out all the truths of the world would be one of the best things we can hope for when we die. all religions btw are just different ways that people look at the same thing
DECRESCENDO
Quote by CrabSoldier X
pretty interesting since lately ive been interested in apocalyptical things and all...but what u said about the government "deleting" history ....seriously just imagine the things we dont know from the past because its been erased from the books by the government. and finding out all the truths of the world would be one of the best things we can hope for when we die. all religions btw are just different ways that people look at the same thing

w00t...prerry much what i said, you cant deny that certain things have been deleated (not saying you do)
I agree with you almost fully.

I AGREE ABOUT:

- The human race should work towards a common goal
- Religion causes significant (and unnecessary) conflict in the world
- People should respect the religious choice of others
- People cling to religion in fear of the unknown
- The priorities of mankind are perverse (putting nukes on the Moon, etc)

I DISAGREE THAT:

- There is a God
- People go to an after-life when they die

Now, allow me to present my statement:

If the races and religions of the world could abandon their conflicts and work as one, the human race could progress at a speed never before seen. Look at what's happening right now. Muslims and Christians and Jews are killing each other over something as simple as religious conflict and grudges from the past. If we could abolish these grudges, we could improve the world substantially.

While we bicker over religion, politics, and nuclear arms, our planet rots beneath us. We have polluted it to a breaking point. If the world's leaders would drop their meaningless, self-conjured quarrels and address the issue of powering the planet, we could solve the problem in record time.

The problem is that it probably won't happen. Why? Money. Power hungry politicians, bureaucrats, and oil company owners are the puppeteers, and our energy consumption is the marionette. They sit atop their pile of wealth and pull the strings behind energy conservation projects. They keep our society hooked on fossil fuels like a junkie on opiates. Why? It wouldn't be profitable to stop fossil fuels from being burned. It would take money from the oil companies, so they do everything in their power to keep the gas flowing.

The only way we will face our problems is together. United we can stand, divided we will fall.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I agree with you almost fully.

I AGREE ABOUT:

- The human race should work towards a common goal
- Religion causes significant (and unnecessary) conflict in the world
- People should respect the religious choice of others
- People cling to religion in fear of the unknown
- The priorities of mankind are perverse (putting nukes on the Moon, etc)

I DISAGREE THAT:

- There is a God

Now, allow me to present my statement:

If the races and religions of the world could abandon their conflicts and work as one, the human race could progress at a speed never before seen. Look at what's happening right now. Muslims and Christians and Jews are killing each other over something as simple as religious conflict and grudges from the past. If we could abolish these grudges, we could improve the world substantially.

While we bicker over religion, politics, and nuclear arms, our planet rots beneath us. We have polluted it to a breaking point. If the world's leaders would drop their meaningless, self-conjured quarrels and address the issue of powering the planet, we could solve the problem in record time.

The problem is that it probably won't happen. Why? Money. Power hungry politicians, bureaucrats, and oil company owners are the puppeteers, and our energy consumption is the marionette. They sit atop their pile of wealth and pull the strings behind energy conservation projects. They keep our society hooked on fossil fuels like a junkie on opiates. Why? It wouldn't be profitable to stop fossil fuels from being burned. It would take money from the oil companies, so they do everything in their power to keep the gas flowing.

The only way we will face our problems is together. United we can stand, divided we will fall.

hey i believe you 100%...your statement is quite true and it resonates within me as well.

i am not even sure of the after life, but as long as you try to be a good person you should be rewarded in the end...cause i dont see many rewards coming my way anytime soon.
Quote by Quantonyne
hey i believe you 100%...your statement is quite true and it resonates within me as well.

i am not even sure of the after life, but as long as you try to be a good person you should be rewarded in the end...cause i dont see many rewards coming my way anytime soon.

Religion is interesting, but I'm a man of reason.

No offense to you, it's just my way.

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
well...all i really have to say is that UG profiles has a "blogs" section. maybe you should post this there, instead, if it's a blog
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
yea i was raised catholic but still i can never fully believe about an after life. i'd like to believe we dont just rot in the earth, it'd be kinda exciting to be a free spirit wandering the universe. but if u take a step back to look at the big picture, like dudetheman said, our earth is whats dying. and the only way to even begin to heal it is humans band together as one, or humans die off from earth. and in my opinion, it wont be and asteroid to kill us like the dinosaurs. it wont be global warming, an ice age, starvation, or even disease. our time on earth will most likely end with the push of a button, and a blinding devastating flash of light..
DECRESCENDO
Quote by Ichimaru
You have to mute the strings as you come up/down the arpeggio to stop the notes from bleeding into each other.

der der der der....

that's the hard part!
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

I would have any sort of sex with any sort of animal.

Quote by dudetheman
Religion is interesting, but I'm a man of reason.

No offense to you, it's just my way.

well something must of got mixed up...i am not religious, but i do believe in god. and i am also a man of reason and logic.

i dont think a believe in god makes you religious...its just something i believe and you dont...so i think we are on the same page now...

but i am glad this didnt turn out to be a flame fest or anything...

i am moderately good at sweeping, its just a bitch to get go down the strings, my up sweep is flawless but that down is pretty sloppy...i guess its from playing ska for a year.
Quote by dudetheman
I DISAGREE THAT:

- There is a God

Thank you for saying that first.
It annoys me when anybody states anything as if it is fact without mentioning that it is simply thier opinion.
Quote by Quantonyne
I am not religious, but I do believe in god.

It is very possible to believe in God or a god and not be religious. Those who vehemently disagree with that statement just probably haven't met people like that in thier lives yet. Rare, but there are some out there like that.
Quote by Muzikh
It is very possible to believe in God or a god and not be religious.

Quote by The Dictionary
re·li·gious (rĭ-lĭj'əs)
adj.

1. Having or showing belief in and reverence for God or a deity.

Quote by smb

Cool. You live your life according to an online dictionary.
I live mine according to reality and the people I see.
Quote by Muzikh
Cool. You live your life according to an online dictionary.
I live mine according to reality and the people I see.

You know even less about me and my life than you do about the meaning of words. The thing about language is there needs to be some agreement on what words mean, otherwise communication is rendered impossible.
Quote by smb
You know even less about me and my life than you do about the meaning of words. The thing about language is there needs to be some agreement on what words mean, otherwise communication is rendered impossible.

You win.