Hey
I've done a search, but it didnt come up with anything useful to my question.

I've noticed, through live videos of some bands on youtube, and through experimentation, guitar pickups can pick up voice sounds.
I have some spare pickups lying around. And a copper tube.
Is is possible to wire up the pickups to a cable with a jack out, and mount them in the copper tube, creating like a pipebomb mic type thing?

If so, will it be crap?

thanks
I have a suspicion that it will sound like crap no matter the quality he pickups. If you wanted a really weird tone then go for it but I would personally just buy a decent mic.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
I've already got a decent enough mic for normal vocals, I'm just looking for a different tone. I'm not sure why, but I'm thinking this might give like a distant, slightly distorted effect?
You might be right...you prolly want some decent output pickups for it though.
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
ok
I've got a set of 3 single coils that arent being used, i was gonna give it a try with them, and see what happens.
How would i go about wiring them up? I'm pretty new at the electronics side of things, and I need a guide or pointers or anything really about wiring them up.
Quote by time_for_food
ok
I've got a set of 3 single coils that arent being used, i was gonna give it a try with them, and see what happens.
How would i go about wiring them up? I'm pretty new at the electronics side of things, and I need a guide or pointers or anything really about wiring them up.

I'm not quite sure because of the fact that it isn't setup like it would be in a guitar. I don't think it would be that hard though.
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
you need some pretty microphonic pickups, maybe, if theyre potted, unpot them
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
guitar pickups work basically nothing like microphone pickups
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
they do if they are microphonic, your amp has alot of gain, and you scream directly into the pickup.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.