I'm confused. I have two guitars (Don't bug me about them, I know they're crap)- a Squier Strat and some Japanese guitar resembling a strat- and both of them have lousy pickups. I got confused with the Japanese guitar (a Sekova, if anyone's ever heard of it), because I figured that the pickups would be nicer than that on my strat, and they were actually a lot worse. I'm just wondering if all guitar pickups pick up every single noise off the instrument (i don't mind the hum- I mind that whenever I play a song on a single string I hear all of the other strings vibrating.) This is getting really annoying because I can only play Green Day and other power chord songs on either guitar without sounding ridiculously bad, and I HATE Green Day. I'm wondering if most pickups have a similar problem, because I don't want to keep putting up with my guitars if all pickups are like that.
Thanks.
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
This may be a problem with your technique as much as bad pickups; if anything new, more sensitive, pickups will make the problem worse.

You need to work on your muting technique so you use your picking hand to mute the lower strings and your fret hand fingers to mute the higher strings.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Or get the super pickup 5000 that only picks up the sound you want it to.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
This may be a problem with your technique as much as bad pickups; if anything new, more sensitive, pickups will make the problem worse.

You need to work on your muting technique so you use your picking hand to mute the lower strings and your fret hand fingers to mute the higher strings.

He's right. It's most likely a combination of your muting technique, and the pickups. First, work on muting the strings that you don't want any sound from. Second, I wouldn't recommend buying new pickups for either guitar, they're most likely not worth the money. So, work towards buying a new guitar, in addition to improving your technique. I think you'll actually find that if you work meticulously on such a technique with a low-end guitar, you'll hear a world of difference on one of better quality.
I do believe my technique is crappy. I just need a little help learning how to mute the strings. I do try to mute, but when I play plugged in I end up swiping the other strings.
Are there any videos on how to mute properly? thanks.

That looks like it works, but what if I want to play chords occasionally?
I'll have to practice that. Thanks.