Page 1 of 2
Does anyone else have this problem? Even bands that I really like, I always find one album that I can barely listen to just because I either dislike the material or find most of it to be filler.

The Strokes, "Room On Fire" - can only listen to 2 or 3 songs on this one.

Sonic Youth, "Rather Ripped" - again, only about 2 songs that I actually listen to.
Yeah, I can only listen to 1-2 songs from "Led Zeppelin - Greatest hits".
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist = Starz, United States, Neverlost (luckily all three are in a row)
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Carnavas by Silversun Pickups
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
Pretty much everything "metalcore." I like a few songs here and there, but I couldn't tell you more then an album name plus a song or two.
Quote by Kensai

Ouch.

There's only a couple of songs on the new Satch album that I really like. I'm a bit upset about that.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Kensai

not cool, but very funny none the less
Nevermind by Nirvana
...And Justice For All - Metallica.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
most albums
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Only 1 song off of Nightrage's new album. I can only listen to Spiral, because it has like the most catchy chorus I think I've ever heard.
Quote by D-Fens
Carnavas by Silversun Pickups

haha omg no! I love that entire album.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by Ichimaru
Nevermind by Nirvana
...And Justice For All - Metallica.

Really!? I thought And Justice For All... is just a headbang fest the whole way through, love it.
Try listening to THE BLACK KEYS. Few if any you will want to skip and I'm talking on EVERY album.
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Has some great songs, but I don't like the majority of it.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at Apr 22, 2008,
Dragon force

then again an album is just one long song...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Gregray88
Really!? I thought And Justice For All... is just a headbang fest the whole way through, love it.

It would have been epic with better production but it just sounds and feels a bit too sterile for my liking.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Gregray88

Wheres the bass?
Metallica - Load And ReLoad (only a couple songs from each.)
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
listen to tool and you won't have these problems...i'm not sure if there is a single tool song i don't like?

hammet is your peavey a combo or a stack
Last edited by tona_107 at Apr 22, 2008,
Black Sabbath - Sabotage. It's a few of their best songs mixed with a few of their worst songs.
Only a couple of John Scofield's Up All Night, some of it's a bit too 'out there' for me
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by smb
Black Sabbath - Sabotage. It's a few of their best songs mixed with a few of their worst songs.

Yeah, the song Symptom of the Universe is awesome. Probably the best song off of that record.
Quote by Kensai

yeah i know what you mean, i dont want to waste 5 days listening to one album.
(get it because there songs are so long)

as for me, its not that i cant listen to the entire album, but alot of the time i'll just listen to like 3 songs, the i'll hear the intro to the one after the last one, and be like "oh i love this song!" then i'll have 4 songs on the album i like, and it just goes like that until i love the entire album.
final straw album (snow patrol)
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Long Road Out Of Eden was complete garbage.

I expected greatness, but got nothing.

I don't know if they were too high or not high enough, but the album blew.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
The Black Album.

Nothing Else Matters, The Unforgiven, Wherever I May Roam.

I may be known as a Metallica-hater 'round here but I still like some of their stuff. A little bit.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Bonesaw
latest horse the band album

You canot be serial, I love A Natural death. The only song worth skipping is the Beach, which is more of an interlude really. For me it's Mutter by Rammsteain. or more precisely, the first half of it.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
oh oh oh!!! also, the new inflames album "A sense of purpose"
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by GiantRaven
Brand New - Deja Entendu

I've tried very hard to listen to it a lot but it always ends up boring me a little

I ALWAYS have to finish listening to that album.

A City By The Light Divided by Thursday has some pretty boring songs.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by aaron6890
yeah i know what you mean, i dont want to waste 5 days listening to one album.
(get it because there songs are so long)

as for me, its not that i cant listen to the entire album, but alot of the time i'll just listen to like 3 songs, the i'll hear the intro to the one after the last one, and be like "oh i love this song!" then i'll have 4 songs on the album i like, and it just goes like that until i love the entire album.

Dude, I know EXACTLY what you mean. But they do have some interesting songs.
And whoever said Brand New, Deja Entendu, I dont agree with you, but thats because Im a huge Brand New fan. Their newest album The Devil and God are Raging Inside of Me is amazing.

What about Taking Back Sunday, Tell All Your Friends. I can only listen to like 1 whole song on it. Thats Cute without the E
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.
Dream Theater's 'Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence'. I only listen to like 2 songs from it, then again I never really gave it a good listen in the first place.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Quote by jflorick
Dude, I know EXACTLY what you mean. But they do have some interesting songs.
And whoever said Brand New, Deja Entendu, I dont agree with you, but thats because Im a huge Brand New fan. Their newest album The Devil and God are Raging Inside of Me is amazing.

What about Taking Back Sunday, Tell All Your Friends. I can only listen to like 1 whole song on it. Thats Cute without the E

dude i love that song, the rest of the album is crap though (well im assuming, we seem to have similar taste, so i'll just go with it)

yeah but zepplin songs are way to long, its like 10 minutes a song! i cant stand it.
Only Planet Telex, Just, Nice dream and street spirit from the bends by radiohead. After that album, Radiohead became godly.
most of the death metal albums i have because it's just too hard on my ears and brain. i love opeth, but i find myself avoiding listening to a whole album because it's just too much.
Page 1 of 2