is it a bad thing? I'm taking Ap an ap class right now, our teacher is dumb as bricks and she doesn't know anything about teaching us. I got an A so it boosted up my GPA big time, but is it bad if I fail the ap tests? Will colleges look down on it? Cause if so I just won't take the test.
Yes, what's the point of paying for those tests when you're just going to blow it? (I assume you have a test fee right?)
no, theres not that much consequence. you just lose the 80 bucks or so, and dont get college credit. other than that, its not a big deal.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by newaccount
is it a bad thing? I'm taking Ap an ap class right now, our teacher is dumb as bricks and she doesn't know anything about teaching us. I got an A so it boosted up my GPA big time, but is it bad if I fail the ap tests? Will colleges look down on it? Cause if so I just won't take the test.

???
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Well it's a god idea to take them. If you want to see what they are like, the Princeton Review thing has some study guides out for the AP Tests (I'm In AP World, myself) that are pretty close to the real tests. It doesn't count against your grade, and it won't take anything away from your status in the class (unless your teacher is whacked), but it just doesn't get you the college credit for the course. Will colleges look down on it? Maybe. However, they may also look at how well you did (i.e. how close you were) given that you aren't actually in college and take that into account.

Good luck though, mine is on May 8th or 12th, I forget.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
just the money you lose. But look at it this way, though I got 3's or better on 4 AP tests I got no credit from my college. So I lost around $320 anyway. ****ing system
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by Eddy372
???

my teacher really is dumb, if you do an attempt at work she will give you a 100. The teacher i was supposed to get moved a week before school started so we got screwed. It's a fun class though, im browsing UG and playing games through the whole time.
Quote by Eddy372
???

an A in an ap class is 5.0 grade points, instead of 4.0 in a regular.

asians can get a 5.0 gpa. its astounding.
I have no opinion on this matter.
You can get AP Guides and study yourself. In some cases you can get out of a Gen. Ed. class if you get a 4 or a 5 on an AP test, so it's worth it if you take it and pass.

Which AP are you taking?
yeah i have calc ap and it blows. i'm also looking forward to us gov ap, chem ap, and bio ap. nothing happens if you get a bad score, you just waste some $80. some colleges still give credit for like a 2. i know that with calc, at some schools you can get a pre-calc credit
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
There's nothing wrong with failing an AP test. Especially if your school is paying for them.

I failed the AP English 3, AP US History, AP Chem, and AP Phys tests (atleast didn't make 4 or 5). However I did make a 5 in AP Cal AB, and AP Programming A.

Well, I damn near wrote the solution key for those two anyway.

Just don't get credit if you don't score high. That's it.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
you know what's hilarious? finding out AP calculus was essentially worthless. the class i have despised and struggled through for two semesters now. worthless.

god should be thankful i can appreciate irony.
#DTWD
yea it completely doesnt matter at all u dont have to report ur scorez and ur school is paying for the worst u do by failing is wast an opportunity to credit out of a class in college
which would save u time and money in the long run
Quote by gars jaloux
Are you taking any other AP classes?

yeah Calc AB, ima pass that for sure.
You don't have to submit Ap test results to colleges if you don't want too.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by thewho65
(I assume you have a test fee right?)

I don't know how other schools are, but mine is free to take it, if you're absent the day the AP test is though, you have to pay 84 dollars.
My AP Euro teacher has said numerous times that colleges would want you to take the test and fail it rather than not take it at all. I say study as much as you are willing to, and you may be able to pass it.