i played through one of these recently because it was lying around in our practice room. i was expecting something quite good from it, i mean, people talk about them being fairly good, and honestly, i don't think even spiders are as bad as people say.

honestly though, i was massively, massively disappointed. i dunno, i mean, maybe it was just that i was hungover and it was early and things, but it sounded pretty crappy. i really struggled to dial in a decent tone, everything seemed to somehow be at once too muddy but also really wussy. very annoying. in the end i just wound up using the jazz clean setting which was ok and functional but not too exciting.

this thread doesn't have a real purpose, just a bit of a discussion point, yknow?
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I'd like to try a flextone at some point. They seem like very good amps and I know that Line 6's higher-end gear includes some quality effects and models.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I like the Flextone. They aren't a crappy Spider, the models sound good and they're well built and reliable. I thought it was tubed the first time I used it! :eek

If you gotta have a modeling amp, I'd probably suggest a Flextone.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
^i was cranking the thing, i ended up having to turn it up to full just to keep up.

i dunno, i just found it very disappointing. but i was having a generally off day i guess. but still, not impressed.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I use them ocassionally at lessons, and i do like them quite a bit, they have a good range of sounds, imo
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
^i was cranking the thing, i ended up having to turn it up to full just to keep up.

i dunno, i just found it very disappointing. but i was having a generally off day i guess. but still, not impressed.

Odd, my Flextone kept up with a 750 watt bass stack (1x15" and a 4x10"), a Tripple Rec with two 4x12's, and drums. Didn't get past 3/4.
When i tried the flextone i really liked it. They have pre-sets that the flextone loads up for each amp model. So if you want to see what your EQ settings sound like on another setting you have to change the amp model then re-do the EQ settings again.

There is a way to bypass that, it has something to do with holding the tap/temp button down and doing something else. That puts it in "Manuel mode" and stops the flextone from loading any presets on its own.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13