ok well i plan on modding my starcaster (basically a squier).
i wasnt to put a humbucker in the bridge position, and i plan on using a bill lawrence l500xl. itts a standard squier so its SSS. i was gonna buy pearl hss humbucker pickguard , a new inputjack(switchcraft style 1/4 mono jack), a jack plate. (strat jackplate "football" black), some tuners(gotoh style locking), some knobs (black knurled brass tele knobs), and a new bridge (black topmount hardtail bridge).
all parts except the l500xl will be bought from guitarfetish.
1)is there really anything else i need to totally refurbish the guts of my guitar?
2)will i need to do any routing for the humbucker?
3)is there anyother websites where i can get the parts cheaper/better?
4)does the pickup come with all the nessicary wires/tools?

Edit: one more thing: i know there is a difference in pots. since i am putting a humbucker in the bridge position will need 500k pots or can i still use 250k's?
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by doctorcheeze200
ok well i plan on modding my starcaster (basically a squier).
i wasnt to put a humbucker in the bridge position, and i plan on using a bill lawrence l500xl. itts a standard squier so its SSS. i was gonna buy pearl hss humbucker pickguard , a new inputjack(switchcraft style 1/4 mono jack), a jack plate. (strat jackplate "football" black), some tuners(gotoh style locking), some knobs (black knurled brass tele knobs), and a new bridge (black topmount hardtail bridge).
all parts except the l500xl will be bought from guitarfetish.
1)is there really anything else i need to totally refurbish the guts of my guitar?
2)will i need to do any routing for the humbucker?
3)is there anyother websites where i can get the parts cheaper/better?
4)does the pickup come with all the nessicary wires/tools?

Edit: one more thing: i know there is a difference in pots. since i am putting a humbucker in the bridge position will need 500k pots or can i still use 250k's?

Nope, you don't need to route. From what I know stratocasters come routed for an HSH configuration by factory.

Also, try stewmac.com, if you need jacks, strap buttons, etc

And the pickup already comes with the connection wires, but you should get some solder and soldering iron if you need it. Good luck
1) upgrading the pots/switch wouldn't hurt
2) I'm not sure..... some squiers have an SSS route, some have a SSS, some have a big swimming pool. Only taking off the pickguard will tell you for sure...
3)guitarfetish is pretty good IMO, you can probably find some things cheaper elsewhere, but getting everything from one place has the convenience factor...
4) most don't. You'll need a soldering iron/solder/wire/pots/switch (depending if you want to re-use the old ones or not)
Be hard to find things cheaper than guitar fetish. Im not a huge fan of theirs as things can be to cheap. The tuners I got from them werent any better than what I was trying to replace. For plastic parts they are good but I would avoid anything like bridges, tuners or electronics. My squire I put 2 humbuckers in with no routing. Dont know if they do the same with the starcaster. Most guitars anymore single coil or humbucker seem to come with 500k pots just easier on supply I guess. Would make the singles a bit brighter. The pick will just be a pickup the lead to hook it up and usually the mounting screws and springs. Wire, solder stuff like that can be gotten at many places around town.